Sticks and Direction Keys BOTH respond

zeriona1

Sticks and Direction Keys BOTH respond

Post by zeriona1 »

Hi,i want to use both Sticks and Direction keys but in different ways,you see let's just say when i push right on the stick it'll push the direction key too,and i don't want to happen,so how i do make it stop?
i don't want to disable the arrows,i just want to use them but in different ways,please help

jidz

Re: Sticks and Direction Keys BOTH respond

Post by jidz »

please describe better :)

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You may assign any key to any of the directions of the stick. Example: to assign up arrow to stick down, click the down assignment button then click the [Up Arrow] dey on the on screen keyboard.

Sorry if this is not what you need.

zeriona1

Post by zeriona1 »

Okay..let's give it a try

zeriona1

Post by zeriona1 »

jidz wrote:please describe better :)
Listen,Let's just say that i want to play some game,any game and i want the arrow keys to be the moving directions and the sticks to be something else,But i can't figure out what Axis's to assign because,when my direction keys are like Y Y,X X the sticks will also be YY XX..and if i assign any other Axis it'll go all wrong

jidz

Post by jidz »

zeriona1 wrote: Listen,Let's just say that i want to play some game,any game and i want the arrow keys to be the moving directions and the sticks to be something else,But i can't figure out what Axis's to assign because,when my direction keys are like Y Y,X X the sticks will also be YY XX..and if i assign any other Axis it'll go all wrong
if this is a shooting game, were you want your mouse to aim with do this.
bind your Dpad(Direction Pad) to the arrow keys on your keyboard, for moving around.
bind one of your axis to be the mouse movements, these can be found the the right on the xpadder keyboard.

example can be seen here, don't think about the red boxes they were there to help another member.

the arrows on the side there is the mouse movement, which will be the movement of the mouse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i don't remember any game with a dual direction setup as there for i believe you maybe want a setup for Strafe and Direction.

assign your Dpad to up and down, and your strafe right and strafe left.
assign your axis to up and down and left and right.

by pressing up on Dpad will be the same as if you press up on your stick. (same goes for down)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As said again, i cant really wrap my brain around this one.
Maybe give the description of the game, the game name and what game functions you want.

such as 'in counter strike i want to aim and move with two different sticks'
Hope this helps you. :)

zeriona1

Post by zeriona1 »

Well,it isn't a shooting game,it's sort of an MMORPG sidescrolling game called Dragonica

zeriona1

Post by zeriona1 »

I forgot to say,My game functions i want to assign are:
arrow keys to move
Left stick for Eating food\selfbuffs
Right stick for more Buffs
Oh,and the right stick doesn't respond as well,once i move it it moves the bottuns(X,Triangle,Circle and Square) instead of the stick

jidz

Post by jidz »

funny i bought this program to play with Dragonica.

the problem with signing spells to sticks is that when you push up, you will always push one of the sides alittle, there for it will registrate it as you both push (example:) spell1 and spell2
with this said, that when you move the stick, and it will respond to x triangle circle and square sounds like your driver is confused.

i will guess this is not a problem with the xpadder but really about your software driver.

what controller do you use, and what driver for the controller have you installed?

Post by Guest »

jidz wrote:funny i bought this program to play with Dragonica.

the problem with signing spells to sticks is that when you push up, you will always push one of the sides alittle, there for it will registrate it as you both push (example:) spell1 and spell2

Forgive me if I'm completely misinterpreting, but wouldn't a larger deadzone fix the problem of always pushing left or right a little bit when pushing up? If you set the dead zone really high, it won't respond until the stick is fully 'north', and by then there will be no 'east' or 'west signals confusing it.

Hope that helps.

(I had the same problem in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, I was always pushing left/right when I was trying to push up. So I set the deadzone higher and it fixed it.)

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Guest wrote:
jidz wrote:funny i bought this program to play with Dragonica.

Forgive me if I'm completely misinterpreting, but wouldn't a larger deadzone fix the problem of always pushing left or right a little bit when pushing up? If you set the dead zone really high, it won't respond until the stick is fully 'north', and by then there will be no 'east' or 'west signals confusing it.

Hope that helps.

(I had the same problem in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, I was always pushing left/right when I was trying to push up. So I set the deadzone higher and it fixed it.)
Instead of increasing the deadzone you can set the stick mode to 4-way standard or to prioritize horizontal or vertical. The default standard mode will interpret diagonals as both up/down and left/right. Change the stick mode in the stick settings or assignment group menu.

jidz

Post by jidz »

and i just learned a new thing about xpadder today :D

Return to “Other questions”