slow response

robdarney

slow response

Post by robdarney »

hello Jonathan ,

just downloaded the latest version and set up my ps2 controller , all buttons sorted , but the response time from the sticks is slow and the game is freezing up when using the controller .
any help would be grateful ,

regards ,
Rob . :?

robdarney

Re: slow response

Post by robdarney »

ps , the game is call of duty 4 , thanks .

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I assume the slow response is on the stick that is assigned for mouse movement, normally right stick. You can change the emulated speed of the mouse in the mouse settings window by clicking the group assignment button (looks like a wrench in a circle in the lower right of the stick) and choose Mouse Settings... from the menu. Now adjust the sliders to your liking, while this window is open you may want to change the mouse mode from Look/Camera to Cursor. Look/Camera filters the stick input to eight directions while as Cursor does not apply any filtering.

As far as crashing COD4, I've used Xpadder with COD4 with no issues in the past. :?: If you play without Xpadder it doesn't crash? If you play with Xpadder running but play with keyboard and mouse does it still crash?

robdarney

Post by robdarney »

thanks Cabledog ,

changed the settings , a lot lot better , thank you .

game wasn't crashing , just going very slow , almost freezing ,
will give it a go now , and see what happens ,

regards,
rob.

robdarney

Post by robdarney »

just tried it , lightening fast , but game was working okay , had to come out to slow the stick down , when i went back into the game it was running slow again and almost coming to a standstill .

any suggestions would be appreciated as patience is starting to wear thin .....

rob. :x

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

So when you lower the mouse emulation speed in Xpadder the frame rate in the game drops? WEIRD. :shock: Does this happen in any other game? Are you using any wild advanced assignments? The game is COD4 and not Modern Combat 2 correct?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

The mouse emulation speed only moves the mouse more slowly but it shouldn't slow anything else down!

Try this:
- Exit your game so you are back to the desktop
- Close all windows so you can only see the desktop
- Make sure Xpadder is running minimized (in the tray instead of on the screen)
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the Task Manager
- At the bottom of the TM it should show the CPU usage of 0% (sometimes jumping slightly above 0% but mostly 0%)
- With Xpadder move your mouse as you do in the game - does the CPU usage increase dramatically?
- Try with both the fast and slow mouse settings (remember to minimize Xpadder after altering the mouse speed)

Return to “Other questions”