PS3 Controller Troubles

zonte1337

PS3 Controller Troubles

Post by zonte1337 »

Hello,

I am running Xpadder on Windows 7 x64. I have plugged in my PS3 controller and xpadder recognizes that it is a PS3 controller, but when I try to set up the buttons, analogue sticks, d-pads, etc, it does not recognize any of my inputs.

I have tried running Xpadder as an administrator with no luck.

I am connecting the control via USB. Any ideas?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: PS3 Controller Troubles

Post by mnl1121 »

Have you created a controller profile as detailed in this tutorial? http://xpadder.com/phpBB3.0.5/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19

androidgsxr1100

Post by androidgsxr1100 »

Yes I am having the same problem, following the instructions when setting up the profile if fails at the first hurdle, its says push left, I do that and it says this is not an analog stick or sometimes moves to push up and then goes blank and unchecks all the boxes. I have installed lib usb, is there a certain version of that I should be using?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

What is lib usb? Also what do you mean it unchecks all the boxes? I've never heard of that happen before.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

lib usb is an open source (I think) library that most ps3 drivers use to connect to the computer. Its a generic usb driver and needs other parts to get the ps3 controller to work. That's a reason the controller is a bit difficult to get working.

Return to “Other questions”