Xbox 360 Controller analog stick question

Lilsatch

Xbox 360 Controller analog stick question

Post by Lilsatch »

I'm thinking of getting Xpadder but I'm wondering if I use my Xbox 360 Controller instead of using the directional keys on the keyboard will I only get the 8 directions(up, down, left, right and the diagonals) as I normally would on the keyboard or would I get the full 360 range?

Thanks in advance

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xbox 360 Controller analog stick question

Post by SGTCableDog »

With keyboard assignments to the sticks you are stuck with the eight directions. As far as games that use keyboard keys for movement will only allow the four direction plus the combination of adjacent directions. With mouse movement assignments to the stick does allow for full 360 degrees, or 6400 mils of movement. This does give me an idea for a new feature. 8-)

A benefit of buying Xpadder is the ability to vote for new features for upcoming versions. The current beta distance zones to the advanced assignments of the analog inputs so you can have different assignments based on how far the stick is from its center. My idea is to allow different assignments based on the direction of the stick assigned by the user and not just the eight directions. *heads to suggestions forum*

Return to “Other questions”