Change the size of Xpadder window

L_Dracos

Change the size of Xpadder window

Post by L_Dracos »

Is it possible to change the window size of the Xpadder program. I would like to make the window / image larger. If possible maximize the window to the monitor.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Change the size of Xpadder window

Post by Primal Fear »

No, only by lowering your dektop resolution.

L_Dracos

Post by L_Dracos »

I had a feeling that would be the only current solution.

May be one day there could be an update which would allow us to change the window size of xpadder. :D

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

What you could try is if using magnifying glass function of windows would be any comfortable for you. Maybe there is also a more advanced program to find somewhere with more keyboard shortcuts like for zoom in/out (that could be used over Xpadder with a second controller) and more settings.

will_maxwell

Post by will_maxwell »

Just bought Xpadder
Seems to be doing exactly what I wanted so far - I think an increased resolution would be an excellent update. I am running it on a small usb monitor 800X400. It would be perfect if this could be resized i would be able to see everything at a glance on one small screen

DoofusMan

Post by DoofusMan »

Wow I googled all kinds of combination of keywords to find anything about this and found literally no one mentioning this. Then when looking into the user interface to download the latest version of Xpadder I paid for, I saw there was a forum. Made multiple searches and to my surprise this thread is the only mention that I found ever mentioning this issue anywhere so far! :shock:

And it's more than 8 years old! Nearly a decade! And this hasn't been implemented whatsoever it seems? Unless I missed something? I even tried all the different compatibility mode available in the properties of the executable regarding the DPI settings. But since I'm on a 55" 4K TV with a 200% scaling in windows, the window for Xpadder is too small. I can manage, but it'd be so much better if it could be maybe 1.5x or 2x bigger.

I'm super surprised that it doesn't seem to have been implemented at all so far? Would it be really that hard to implement vs the way this app was programmed or? :?:

Here is how it looks on my screen:

https://imgur.com/a/70S5jtO

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

The Xpadder window was always designed to be the same size to cater for the fixed size of controller images and various elements. It made testing much easier

Over time, as the resolutions of screens has increased but the default controller image size is still 512x256

The physical size of screens has also increased so the issue was not a problem apart from extreme cases.

DoofusMan

Post by DoofusMan »

Jonathan wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 13:28
The Xpadder window was always designed to be the same size to cater for the fixed size of controller images and various elements. It made testing much easier

Over time, as the resolutions of screens has increased but the default controller image size is still 512x256

The physical size of screens has also increased so the issue was not a problem apart from extreme cases.
Ahhh yeah that explains it I see. Yeah I figured it had something to do with the added complexity to the apps coding if it were to be implemented. But I wasn't aware to what extent or if it was actually the case at all. Thanks for letting me know about it and answering my questions! :D

Return to “Other questions”