Xbox360 Controller with Quake II

trinappahallen

Xbox360 Controller with Quake II

Post by trinappahallen »

Hi I just got Xpadder yesterday and set up the profile and it seems to look good. When I'm in Quake 2 though it doesn't see the Controller unless I enable "JOYSTICK".

Then it wants me to assign the buttons to actions.

Quake II doesn't recognize the Triggers on the Controller so I bought Xpadder.

I assigned all the buttons like Left Trigger = Shift, Right Thumbsstick = Mouse Normal.

I must be missing something because it doesn't seem to be active except on my desktop and not in the game.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

trinappahallen

Re: Xbox360 Controller with Quake II

Post by trinappahallen »

Also was looking at Xpadder in the Settings area and I do not understand what AutoProfile is for.

Right now "Profile" field is blank and "Watch" field is "(Deactivated)(Default)"

I'm runing Windows Vista Premium 32

Thanks again.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

trinappahallen wrote:I must be missing something because it doesn't seem to be active except on my desktop and not in the game.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?
I think Quake II uses PunkBuster that uses elevated user prevledges so you must run Xpadder as administrator. Close Xpadder by right clicking the Xpadder icon in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close..." Next right click the xpadder.exe application file in Explorer and choose "Run as administrator...", click through the dialogs and restart your game.
trinappahallen wrote:Also was looking at Xpadder in the Settings area and I do not understand what AutoProfile is for.

Right now "Profile" field is blank and "Watch" field is "(Deactivated)(Default)"
Autoprofile is a feature of Xpadder that will auto-load a profile when its associated progam is run. You can also associate a default profile which will load when no other auto-profile programs are running.

To create an autoprofile click the new button and follow the instructions to choose the profile. Next with this profile selcted click the "Edit watch" button. You can have Xpadder watch for a specific program or window title.

trinappahallen

Post by trinappahallen »

Thank you. :)

That Autoprolie sounds nice. I imagine I can choose the Quake II program and my new Quake II proile and it should autoload that profile whenever I start Quake II.

I am going to try your suggestion now regarding Admistrator.

trinappahallen

Post by trinappahallen »

It worked!

Thank you. I am so happy now. :)

I need to increase the Mouse Sensitivity now for "free look" in the game. It seems perfect.

I am very glad I bought Xpadder now!

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Check out the Xpadders Mouse settings, right click the group assignment icon (looks like a wrench inside a circle) of the stick assigned to mouse. The Mouse settings is the bottom option of the menu. There you can adjust the mouse emulation speed by moving the sliders. Try the different mouse modes also, the Look/camera mode filters the stick to eight directions while Cursor mode does not filter the sticks movement. (It is broken in the current 5.7 betas).

trinappahallen

Post by trinappahallen »

NIce, thanks I forgot there is a difference in the 8 point vs the 4 point mouse emulation for the stick. I bet that will make a huge difference.

Return to “Other questions”