XBOX360 wireless controller adaptor questions.

jayh311

XBOX360 wireless controller adaptor questions.

Post by jayh311 »

I was lookin online and i found an adaptor for my xbox 360 controller, now if i use that adaptor and use my 360 contoller will xpadder work right away? or will i have to install some sort of driver? i know the adaptor comes with software, but the xbox controller is a windows friendly device, the ps3 controller is not(learned that the hard way). Any thoughts??

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Re: XBOX360 wireless controller adaptor questions.

Post by Terra Branford »

To use your Xbox 360 Wireless controller, you will need the following:

1: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (first, or third-party).
2: Microsoft's Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.
3: The Wireless Receiver drivers disc. (comes with item #2).

If you don't have the Wireless Receiver, you can not use an Xbox 360 Wireless controller, no matter what you try to do. And you will need the drivers, even if you have an adapter, because you have to install the DLLs and Xinput for your PC to know how to handle the controller.

After that, you would be able to use Xpadder straight away to remap keyboard and mouse commands to your controller for any number of games and applications.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

If you use microsofts drivers then Windows update will keep the drivers up to date. :D

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

If you have windows 7 its even easier. Just plug everything in and Windows will download the drivers and install them for you (without you even needing to click a button).

spen25

Post by spen25 »

The suckie part is that you hace to remove the battery pack off the controller to shut it off. I went for the wired one due to sometimes dabbling in linux.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

I have the rechargeable battery packs (four of them, two black, two white), so the fact that you have to wait about five minutes for the controller to auto-shutdown isn't a big issue for me, but I do think it's stupid that you have to either wait, or yank the battery pack to turn it off... it's a big design flaw, especially when you realize that it'd be child's play to use the software drivers that you install with the disc, and a carrier signal relay, to shut down the controller... the same bloody way as the Xbox 360 shuts down your controller when you use the "Turn off Controller" option in the guide mode.

jayh311

Post by jayh311 »

I too went with the wired XBOX360 controller,it was the easiest route for me to play games on my laptop. And its a really really good thing i spent the ten bucks on xpadder cuz its working good. Im rockin Aliens vs Predator 2 with a xbox controller just to get warmed up for AvP3 with comes out Feb 16! The wired xbox controller is the easiest route for console kids who are computer dummies :lol:

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I'm glad everything worked out in the end for you.

Return to “Other questions”