Windows 10 is using the gamepad, how do I make it stop?

twool1939

Windows 10 is using the gamepad, how do I make it stop?

Post by twool1939 »

Recently got a prebuilt computer with Windows 10, and now I am having a huge issue/problem with xpadder, let me explain…

So as soon as I hooked up the new computer and installed and set up xpadder, everything seemed to work perfectly until a couple of updates came by and that changed. What was happening now was Windows 10 was automatically using my gamepad even though I had xpadder already started. I use xpadder mainly as my mouse, I had the left analog stick acting as a normal mouse with a couple of the buttons being left click and right-click. Like I said everything was fine and dandy at first, until the update, after the update it made Windows automatically use my gamepad for menu selections. This is happening in all kinds of windows, including the start menu, and many other various Windows settings menus. For example if I were to go and restart like I have always normally done by dragging the mouse down to the start button, clicking it, clicking the power button, then clicking restart. But what's happening now is one I tried to do that as soon as I click the start button as soon as I move my mouse up words a little tiny bit to get the power button the menu selection automatically Moves up also, so by that time I have to bring my mouse upwards a little bit to the power button the menu selection is on something else, even though the mouse cursor is hovering over the power button.
I have googled this problem quite a bit for the past few days, can't seem to find any kind of solution. The only things I am able to find our people asking the exact same question and people replying giving nonsensical answers. So if anybody else is having the same issue or has had it in the past and figured out a way how to fix it or disable Windows from using that gamepad to control menu selections, please let me know, it is driving me crazy, almost to the point where I'm ready to go spend the money and buy a copy of Windows 7 where it does not happen at all.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Windows 10 is using the gamepad, how do I make it stop?

Post by Mobeeuz »

You are running Xpadder as administrator, correct? If you quit Xpadder after Win10 is running and then re-execute it as administrator, does the same thing happen then?

twool1939

Solved

Post by twool1939 »

Actually I was able to solve this issue. The issue was, Windows 10 was installing my standard X input controller as a Xbox 360 controller, and it turns out that as of last year or whenever Microsoft came out with a huge accessibility update for windows 10 which will make Xbox controllers that are plugged in control the window menus. That was interfering with my xpadder usage obviously and I wanted it to stop.
Since I am using a USB dongle as my gamepad connection it was always installing as a X input controller which made Windows change that to an Xbox 360 controller. What I did to get a way around this, is my USB dongle actually has four modes, X input, D input, Nintendo switch, Nintendo switch Pro, it's actually a dongle that works on both Nintendo switch and PC, so what I did was change the dongle setting over to D input in the issue seem to stop completely, all I had to do was reconfigure all of the buttons and stuff in xpadder, but it works great now.

Taolly

Re: Windows 10 is using the gamepad, how do I make it stop?

Post by Taolly »

Hello

Not solved for me as I'm not using a dongle. Solutions please

Return to “Other questions”