"Handles Leak" with one specific game.

Mega

"Handles Leak" with one specific game.

Post by Mega »

Hey I'm having an issue with xpadder and a game called "Maplestory" - while using xpadder for the game, the Handles usage of maplestory continues to increase to the point that it gets to 50k or more (starting from 2k), where xpadder crashes, my pc freezes, and other graphical issues that aren't normal.
(for the record, the most a program usually uses is 1k-3k handles only, so this might be a big issue)

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: "Handles Leak" with one specific game.

Post by Jonathan »

A few things to test:

1) Does the handle count increase at a steady rate?
2) Does the issue occur if Xpadder is completely closed (via the Xpadder icon by the clock) and not used at all?
3) Does the handle increase cease if you close Xpadder (as above)?

Mega

Post by Mega »

Sorry I forgot until now cause I saw a new issue with this

1) it increases as a steady rate as a button is held/input is being detected, and increases faster when rapidfire is on

2) the handles count does not increase at all unless xpadder is doing the inputs (for example, if I have xpadder off and just use the controller to move left and right it does not change)

3) as above

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Does this handle issue occur with Notepad or other games?

Mega

Post by Mega »

EDIT: it does not increase notepad's handles usage, but I do not know if there are other games it affects. At the very least it doesn't affect the other games I own and play on pc.

NEW:
- the handles count increase EVEN IF MAPLESTORY ISN'T THE SELECTED WINDOW (this made testing easier, at least)
Last edited by Mega on 07 Nov 2020, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Mega

Post by Mega »

For now, until this gets fixed, I'm using all those keys to play (keyboard's a hot mess, but at least I can play!)

Mega

Post by Mega »

nevermind - those keys only don't affect it when on the menu screen
when in actual gameplay all keys are affected

Mega

Post by Mega »

Lemme know if you figure something out - with usual continuous exp grinding I can grind for an hour safely, and around 2 things start going wrong.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I am not able to test in MS myself. It appears that the problem is the link between emulated input data and MS reading that data (which it can do even if the window is not selected). It is possible that any emulated input data from any app with introduce the same issue.
It would be useful if there are any other Xpadder users who experience the same problem with MS and/or can confirm if the issue occurs in other games they own.

Mega

Post by Mega »

I have tested a few emulation programs and this seems to be the case, unfortunately.

Return to “Other questions”