How to attack a proflile to a controller set up?

theoakofohio-3

How to attack a proflile to a controller set up?

Post by theoakofohio-3 »

When I used pinnacle I had to attach the controller configuration to the .exe application so the configuration would run in that application. How do I assign my Xpadder configurations to run with say maple story or WoW after I set up my control scheme?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: How to attack a proflile to a controller set up?

Post by SGTCableDog »

Firstly Xpadder won't work with MapleStory because it uses GameGuard, an anti-hack system that is known to block Xpadders process.

Secondly you don't have to associate anything with the game, Xpadder sends key strokes and mouse movements to Windows, it does not interact with the game. You load your profile and start the game. You can create an AutoProfile so when you start the game, its profile is automatically loaded. When you are done with the game your default Windows profile will load. The AutoProfile is configured in Xpadders settings accessed by clicking the settings icon, looks like a wrench, in the top right of the main Xpadder window. You can ckick the help icon in settings window for details. If you need additional help feel free to post back.

theoakofohio-3

Post by theoakofohio-3 »

First off thanks a lot for replying and helping me out I greatly appreciate it. So say I made a controller set-up for Fallout 3 I don't need to attach it to the .exe? Xpadder just goes through windows and by doing so works with everything unless blocked by something like game guard? Or even a server based game like perfect world xpadder would just continue to work through windows and your game can be played? Sorry I know you clearly stated most of this in your post I just want to make sure I'm getting everything straight. So definition of a profile in xpadder is the button set up? Unlike Pinnacle where the proflie is the application file. The auto profiler is a very cool feature I will definitly mess around with that. Off-subject can WoW still be played with a xpadder or most MMO's? Thanks very much for the help again.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

So say I made a controller set-up for Fallout 3 I don't need to attach it to the .exe?
Nope
Xpadder just goes through windows and by doing so works with everything unless blocked by something like game guard?
In 99% of cases yes.
Or even a server based game like perfect world xpadder would just continue to work through windows and your game can be played?
Yup
So definition of a profile in xpadder is the button set up?
You got it
Off-subject can WoW still be played with a xpadder or most MMO's?
Most MMO's have some sort of anti-cheat software that blocks Xpadder, WoW isn't one of them though, it does work with Xpadder.

Return to “Other questions”