Can this be done?

eiekal

Can this be done?

Post by eiekal »

pause 3.00 sec
pause 10.00 sec

Have this sequence repeated with a toggle button to turn it off and on.
v5.6

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can this be done?

Post by mnl1121 »

Hmm I just attempted to do this but the sequence doesn't repeat. I really don't use sequences though. Wait for a reply from some of the other users that know more about sequences.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

You might want to try adding "Turbo" to the sequence. I don't have access to my computer with Xpadder installed on right now... but it should work. Just make sure you lower the turbo speed to allow your sequence to fully complete.

eiekal

Post by eiekal »

For v5.6, my max turbo delay is 2.5 secs. Will this be enough to allow the sequence to work?

For myself, I guess it wasn't long enough because the sequence didnt work for me

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

if the turbo delay was allowed to be set to more than 10 seconds or so then that could possibly work.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Okay... I figured out EXACTLY what was going wrong, and if I hadn't been asleep when I posted that, I'd have told you what you were missing. A STOP cycle.

Your sequence (if you want "exact timing") should be the following:

Code: Select all

Assignments:
5, Pause 3.00, 6, Pause 9.90, Stop

Toggle:
Enabled

Turbo:
Enabled, Delay 0.10s
You can play around with the time delays all you want, and it SHOULD work for you. But you NEED a "Stop" at the end of your sequence, to allow it to repeat. Otherwise, it will assume you want to "stall" the sequence at the last paused keypress/mouse action.

This will solve your problem 100%. Sorry for the bad advice previously, I was all stupid from being sleepy.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

OH!! of course. i didn't even think of using a stop cycle. good thinking Tre

eiekal

Post by eiekal »

Thank you. I'lll try this out right now :D

eiekal

Post by eiekal »

How odd. I could have sworn I did all that you said correctly and yet it didn't work for me :(

It worked for you, yes? It must be me. I get 555555 etc Even on tester it showed this.

I'll work on this more. I must be doing something wrong

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

It worked flawlessly for me... so I don't know what went wrong. For me, I set it so that when I pushed my button and released it, it automatically ran the "5.... 6......... 5... 6........." sequence. Where you wanting to HOLD the button, and have it generate your sequence? Because I can't even begin to think of a way to do that right now... but I bet you it would still require that silly Stop cycle.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I was testing this last night and found the same problem with the limit on the turbo timing. What happens with the turbo at .1 seconds is that the first time you press the button you get the [5] but if you tap the button physically or with the turbo it will stop the current sequence. The next turbo press will restart the sequence at [5] again. But TBD gave me a great idea, CYCLE STOPS. Enable turbo to 1 second, there is a section in the Advanced assignment window, and enable toggle. Your assignment will be- [5][stop]x3[6][stop]x10. Turbo is used to time the pauses caused by the cycle stops. Dang, I'm proud of this one. 8-)

eiekal

Post by eiekal »

When I try TBD2000 sequence it repeats the number 5. When I took off turbo and toggle and pressed it, I got both the 5 and the 6.

With SGTcabledog sequence, I get pause of 3 secs flashing (toggle and turbo enabled), with nothing being outputed.

Perhaps everyone is using different versions of xpadder? SGTcabledog couldn't get TBD2000 sequence to work right and I can't get neither to work right =D

I can't see how I messed up. I put the sequence chain exactly as stated with the cycle stops. I enabled the toggle. I even changed the turbo from .10 sec to 1 sec.

I think I'll try reinstalling xpadder because I can't understand why it works for somebody and not for me.

I thank you guys for helping me so much :)

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

I'm still running Xpadder 5.3 on my primary desktop (I have 5.6 on my laptop, but no controller hooked up to it at the moment), but with a precursor to the current allowing me to perform your sequence, I think it's something else.

My question is this, are you trying to HOLD the button, and make it perform the 5 and 6 repeat? Because if you are, MY sequence will NOT do this for you. This is only if you push the button the one time, and don't hold it. If you hold it, it will keep going "5555555555555555555555555555" forever.

One thing you could try, and it's similar to Cable's (which was a good idea), IF you want to HOLD the button is to do this:

5, Pause 3.0, Stop, 6, Pause 10.0, Stop

With the turbo enabled (time shouldn't matter, but I'd stick with a .10 delay), and toggle OFF.

That should do it for you. I'll have to test it out later on, as I'm not on my primary desktop right now.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

TBDs method works in 5.4 and 5.5 and stops working with version 5.6 which is when hold and release zones were added. My method works in the 5.7 betas. Neither method works in 5.6. You must have 5.6 8-) You have your options. I think the inconsistancies may indicate a bug, I don't know which way is supposed to work.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Oddly enough, 5.6 is also breaking my "sequence" for the held macro you wanted to create. I can't figure out why it doesn't work...

But the above (5, pause 3 seconds, stop, 6, pause 10 seconds, stop) works... but you need to keep the toggle option off, and turbo on.

In fact, BOTH of my methods are broken in Xpadder 5.6 now that I tried testing it out. What the heck?!

I guess in this case, you need to either use Xpadder 5.3 to 5.5, since 5.6 and 5.7 don't want to do this in any way I've figured out yet... Oo;;

eiekal

Post by eiekal »

Yeah I used toggle and didn't hold. I dont want to hold but use toggle.

So THATS it! I'm using 5.6 DOH!

I thank you both so much. I will change my version

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Yeah, at present I can only confirm that Xpadder 5.3 does EXACTLY what you want, with the first sequence I posted in it's own little code box.

I tend to keep three versions of Xpadder on my system... an older one (5.3), before all the crazy new options were added on (like hold zones, and such) for my subtitling projects, the last full version (5.6 in this case) and the latest beta (5.7.7 in this case) to play around with it a little.

But lately, I've not been on the computer (and thus,also not using Xpadder)... but your problem was unique enough to make me give it a shot. I'm sorry I couldn't make it work in 5.6 for you, though.

tyrose

Post by tyrose »

I was trying the same thing and only got 5555555555555 but then i tried the 5.7beta and then sequence worked correctly. must be something in new version... try the beta and see if it works for you

Edit... Hmmm. tried it on 5.7 again and it dosent work now need more testing i see.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Yeah... I tried it on 5.7 beta, and it failed for me. I found that 5.4 worked the best for the sequence you wanted to do.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Did you try [5] [STOP]x3 [6] [STOP]x10 with toggle set and turbo at 1 second? I tried it again with 5.7 beta7 and it works for me. In fact while I was typing this I forgot to turn the assignment off so I had to delete a bunch of 5s and 6s. :x

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Okay, THAT actually does work in Xpadder 5.7b7 without any hitches (though, upon closing without saving my profile, I got a range-check error which lead to the Xpadder window turning blank after clicking okay... odd.).

So that seems to be the only real solution. Go with an outdated version, or with the latest beta. Hmmmm... my money is on the outdated version, just because I don't like to leave anything to chance.

tyrose

Post by tyrose »

Strange now I cant get it to work in 5.7b7 but it works great with 5.3... maybe operating system? am running win7 64bit.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

I shouldn't matter if your using 32 or 64 bit windows. Xpadder works great with both.

SquadraCorse

Post by SquadraCorse »

I ran into this exact problem today except I needed several toggles with precise timing running at the same time. I found that the 5.7 beta worked fine for one toggle but when I had two or more running at the same time it reverted back to the incorrect behavior. Using 5.3 seems to solve the problem.

I just thought I'd mention it in case this info helps you with the new version.

- SC

PS - It's an awesome app - Thanks for all the hard work.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Each Xpadder version gets more and more complicated so unfortunately some sequences stop working as they used to.
It's not by design - it's just a very complex system and bugs occur!

The good news is that Street Fighter 2-style timings (specifying emulation duration and cycle/repeat looping etc) will replace all the turbo craziness and you will be able to specify exactly what you want Xpadder to do. As I cram in new features they sometimes don't play well with older features. The SF2 system will wrap everything up in a new way.

Return to “Other questions”