Issues with MadCatz TE Stick

trashcan.box

Issues with MadCatz TE Stick

Post by trashcan.box »

The issue I am having is this.

I am able to assign each button when I create the profile.
Each is recognized at that time.

However, once I am out of the Controller Settings menu XPADDER refuses to recognize the Right Trigger and Left Trigger Buttons.

I am currently using the Microsoft Drivers for XBOX 360 controllers.
Win7 x64 Ultimate (legit version not pirated)
I run Xpadder with Run As Administrator

Here is an image of my set up in xpadder as well as what the xpadder menu lists for my buttons.

If I press the triggers in the controller properties menu it recognizes the triggers there as values 255 when pressed for both LTrigger and RTrigger.

A work around I found is to have a controller settings window open and leave my profile running Xpadder will correctly see my key presses then.
Last edited by trashcan.box on 13 Jan 2010, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

trashcan.box

Re: Issues with MadCatz TE Stick

Post by trashcan.box »

To note the buttons and stick work fine in Street Fighter 4, however for me to use my Dreamcast emulator I need to use the keyboard.
This is the reason I purchased Xpadder.

(My dreamcast finally died after 10 years and I have a lot of my legit games that I want to play without needing to buy another Dreamcast)

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

How did you set your Right Trigger and Left Trigger buttons? Did you let Xpadder recognize them as actual buttons or triggers? The drivers may be confusing xpadder as the drivers should be reporting them as triggers and not buttons. Try setting them up as triggers and not buttons. That might do it.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I'm thinking they are accually buttons and not triggers. The left side of the controller settings says 10 buttons, 1 Dpad, and no axis. If you open Windows controller properties does it list any axis?

trashcan.box

Post by trashcan.box »

When I try to add the trigger buttons as triggers I receive the message that these triggers are not analog and to add as buttons.
It does not allow me to force them as triggers.

Thus I am stuck with selecting them as buttons.

When I go into the controller properties under windows no axis are shown.

The drivers it uses are HID compliant game controller, USB Input Device, XBOX 360 Controller for Windows

And yes the circle does light up as they are the official MS drivers.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

This is a really tricky problem your having... the only thing I can think of... is to go to "Controller Settings" (the little controller icon in the left dropdown menu on Xpadder's main window), then "Triggers", and see if you can "Enable" triggers that way... or disable them, if the option is already toggled on.

There used to also be a serious "Xinput" flaw with some controllers, and if Xinput was enabled, it wouldn't allow non-analog buttons to register in Xpadder (even if Windows Game Controllers properly read those buttons). If the above doesn't work (and I'm confident it won't), go to the Wrench in Xpadder's main (next to the help icon) and go to "Options" (which it should load to by default), and under "Running" see if "Use Xinput" is set to enabled. If it is, disable it, and try to run the controller set up again with a fresh controller profile (not the current one, as we want to see if you can make all your buttons work).

I had to do this with the SFIV Fightpad, to get it to work on my laptop, since the LT and RT were still treated as Analog Triggers through Xinput, despite the fact that Windows happily saw them as digital buttons.

I hope this works for you, and I'm sorry you've had this much trouble with Xpadder working for you. I too am a HUGE fan of the Dreamcast (I still have mine working, thankfully), so it must be frustrating not to be able to use the controller you want with your games.

trashcan.box

Post by trashcan.box »

Thanks so much!
That was exactly the issue.

Once I turned off use Xinput the RT and LT labeled buttons now work in xpadder as they should.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

I'm happy to hear that it worked!

Return to “Other questions”