Assignment Window not coming up

Kenny

Assignment Window not coming up

Post by Kenny »

Sometimes I can't get the assignment window to come up. Usually this is fine, I just hit a key and move on, but it's a pain when I want to assign a mouse button/command. I can't find any reason why this happens, but restarting the program doesn't seem to fix it. I searched, but nothing is said anywhere....any ideas on why this is happening?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Assignment Window not coming up

Post by mnl1121 »

I believe your talking about the virtual keyboard and mouse window correct? Can you please explain a little more in detail what is happening? Do you click on a button and the assignment window only flashes or just doesn't show up at all? Also how have you been trying to restart Xpadder. The red close button by default only minimizes Xpadder. You need to right click Xpadder's icon and select close to fully close out Xpadder.

Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Correct, it's the virtual keyboard I'm talking about. What happens is I click on the button I want to assign, and it simply turns that button yellow but doesn't bring up the keyboard. I can still press a key and assign it, but if I need to assign a mouse button, it doesn't work. I have closed it using the icon in the tray, but that doesn't resolve the issue.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The assignment window may have found itself off of the desktop some how. You can tell Xpadder to stop remembering window positions so it shows backup. Open Xpadders settings by clicking the icon that looks like a wrench in the top right of the main Xpadder window next to the Help button.
Then clear the option "Remeber windows positions" under the Windows group.

Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Ahhh, you know I bet that's it. I have a dual monitor setup and sometimes windows get lost somehow. I'll give this a try later, but I bet that's the answer.

Thanks!

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Kenny wrote:Ahhh, you know I bet that's it. I have a dual monitor setup and sometimes windows get lost somehow. I'll give this a try later, but I bet that's the answer.

Thanks!
yup, dual monitor setups do these types of things a lot. Don't know why. Probably because Windows doesn't handle it properly.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I'm not sure what should happen in this case - perhaps the subwindow should always open on whichever monitor the main Xpadder window is on? It's an easy issue to investigate so I will ensure any dual-monitor craziness is removed in the next beta of the new version.

Return to “Other questions”