Is this possible? (Button config question

Is this possible? (Button config question

Post by guest »

I was wondering if it was possible to have a binding like this.

press a button once -> "a" on the keyboard, can be held to continue holding "a" until released
press the same button twice -> "b" on the keyboard, can also be held to continue holding "b" until released

I play a game that has a lot of buttons that need to be bound, and some of them have charge functions that alter the skill depending on how long you hold the button, so a tap/hold function wont work in this case.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Is this possible? (Button config question

Post by mnl1121 »

double tapping a button to "press" another button is not yet possible in Xpadder. Its a good suggestion though.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

The best you can do at the moment is this:

[Hold Zone 0.10] A [Release Zone 0.01] B [Release Zone .10]

This will hold A while the button is down but tapping it will type the letter B instead. There is no way at the moment to repeat the second letter effectively.

Buyers can vote for a future feature X called Set Slots which will allow you to switch sets based on how long the button is down. This will allow you to switch to set 2 where B can be held down and then set 1 will be restored on release.

Also, charging sequences are on the feature X list too and will probably get voted in before Set Slots.

Either way, it will be possible in the future - just not now.

freepain

Post by freepain »

yeah love to see that option in the future would be perfect for call of duty for crouch lie option on the same pad

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I have made a profile for COD4, for crouch/prone mnl1121 clued me in to the perfect assignment. [C] [Hold zone .50sec] [Left Control] [Pause .01s], press the button you get [C] for crouch, keep on holding the button for prone [Left Control]. I used MW2 on the 360 as a reference for COD4 on the PC.

freepain

Post by freepain »

nice cheers for the advice :)

Return to “Other questions”