does 5.4 fix this 5.3 issue?

tony.silveira

does 5.4 fix this 5.3 issue?

Post by tony.silveira »

hello,

i have 5.3 and have been a happy camper for a while with it. i use it on my arcade cabinet which runs mameWAH as my front end. the cabinet outputs a mirrored video signal to my living room projector and i use xpadder downstairs to control everything.

when i launch mamewah, mamewah's config file will load an xpadder profile for whichever emulator i select.

the small issue i am having is when exiting mamewah (to go back to my desktop), my cursor is relocated to the exact center of the screen. if i had a window open before launching mamewah and it was in the center of the screen, when exiting, whichever file/folder is under my pointer in the center of the screen, it gets 'double clicked' as if i had selected it.

and the strange thing is that my 'exit' button from mamewah is not even the button on my 360 controller that was mapped for the mouse button.

i'll be upgrading shortly to the paid version but was just wondering if this might be fixed in 5.4.

many thanks, tony

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: does 5.4 fix this 5.3 issue?

Post by Jonathan »

The only reason that Xpadder will move the cursor to the center of the screen is if you have assigned the mouse spring to a stick or the dpad.
Have you got MameWAH to open another Xpadder profile on exit?

There are two things you could try:

1) Create a blank Xpadder profile and get MameWAH to open that and see if this mouse movements happens on exit
2) Try running things without Xpadder and see what happens

tony.silveira

Re: does 5.4 fix this 5.3 issue?

Post by tony.silveira »

Jonathan wrote:The only reason that Xpadder will move the cursor to the center of the screen is if you have assigned the mouse spring to a stick or the dpad.
Have you got MameWAH to open another Xpadder profile on exit?

There are two things you could try:

1) Create a blank Xpadder profile and get MameWAH to open that and see if this mouse movements happens on exit
2) Try running things without Xpadder and see what happens

YIKES! ok, i feel stupid. i killed xpadder and it was still behaving the same way. my apologies jonathan, i just figured it had something to do with my control mapping.

back on the hunt to figure out what's doing this :)

Return to “Other questions”