Right click Error

Post by danielkrause2 »

Hi,
when i do a right click to xpadder in my taskbar i become the following error:
Dynamic Component Error: PopUpMenu recreation
or sometimes i become: Range Check Error
Does someone else have this problem?

My PC Conf is:
Windows 8 Build 9200 64Bit (all updates are done)
XInput 1.3 DirectX 2007+
16 GB Ram
GTX570 (newest driver)
xpadder (Version: 2012.12.31)

Greets

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Right click Error

Post by Jonathan »

Is this problem when you right-click the large Xpadder button on your taskbar or when you right-click the smaller tray icon by the clock?

I'm assuming it's the tray icon for now.
First ensure Xpadder is not running by right-clicking the tray icon... oh, you can't do that :lol:
Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, right-click Xpadder in the list and end task.
Now disconnect all controllers and USB devices except for your keyboard and mouse.
Run Xpadder and right-click the tray icon. What happens? Menu, error or both? Try right-clicking the tray icon again? Menu again or error?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

First ensure Xpadder is not running by right-clicking the tray icon... oh, you can't do that :lol:
Actually, middle click on the icon should/could work.

Edit: Here is a topic where somebody had the same problem. OS was Windows7. I couldn't find any solution.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Primal Fear wrote: Actually, middle click on the icon should/could work.
Much like RAM I forget stuff when power is lost :oops: :roll:

Daniel, the error messages you receive are "Dynamic Component Error: PopUpMenu recreation" which means Xpadder is trying to recreate the menu before it has been used (or properly cleared itself) and "Range Check Error" which is probably due to Xpadder building the menu but looping through the controllers or profiles in a bad way. There must be something specific about your setup (number of controllers/Xpadder settings) that is causing this error so the tests in my first post in this topic will help us to identify the problem.

danielkrause2

Post by danielkrause2 »

So, i disconnected everything exept my Logitech G700 and my Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Both are connected wireless and have the most recent drivers installed).
I still become the same Errors.

My Config

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

This mouse...
Do you see a way to disconnect it and to replace for testing with a simpler one?

danielkrause2

Post by danielkrause2 »

i'll bring a notebook mouse tomorrow from work, it's with cable and without driver.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I just realized that Xpadder is actually another mouse :oops:.
You can simply connect one of your controllers and create a profile with mouse movement and the right mouse button assigned. Now you can disconnect your mouse and right click the Xpadder icon in the notification area with your controller.

So many possibilities! :keen:

danielkrause2

Post by danielkrause2 »

So test done,
i disconnected everything from my computer and connected a Fujitsu Notebook Mouse via Cable.
Same Problem.

And did another test:
deleting everything in the xpadder folder and replace the exe with the newest one doesn't help either.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Try Xpadder v2011.05.13. It doesn't have these multi screen features, so there is one entry less in notification menu.

danielkrause2

Post by danielkrause2 »

Nope doesn't work.
There stand this Version is not compatible with your Windows Version.
<-- Win 8 Pro 64 Bit
Is maybe this the Problem? The 64-Bit Version? I don't know what "Range Check Error" in your code means, but could it be an adressing Problem when i use the programm with a 64-bit Windows?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Of course Windows8, try it with compatibility mode (Windows 7). As far I know others made Xpadder working that way with some limitations on he Release Candidate of Windows8.
danielkrause2 wrote:Is maybe this the Problem? The 64-Bit Version? I don't know what "Range Check Error" in your code means, but could it be an adressing Problem when i use the programm with a 64-bit Windows?
The Range Check Error occurs very often for users have any problems.
Jonathan has explained some time ago for another problem that the Range Check Error doesn't mean anything specific, and that you get this error message because of a problem that occured sometime before (maybe the Dynamic Component Error, maybe because of something else).

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

If the problem happens when controllers are not present then it's a new bug and not what I'm thinking it was.
What exactly happens when you run Xpadder and right-click the tray icon? Do you get the menu or an error and which error is it?

danielkrause2

Post by danielkrause2 »

When i run Xpadder and don't interact with it i become "Range Check Error" when i do a right click.
When i have interacted with it (i opened the Options and closed it or something) and THEN do a right click i become "Dynamic Component Error, PopUpMenu recreation".

This is reproducable with and without controllers. Exactly the same Errorreaction.

Edit: I did it with compatibility mode:
Windows 7 - same problem
Windows XP SP3 - same problem

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

danielkrause2 wrote:When i run Xpadder and don't interact with it i become "Range Check Error" when i do a right click.
When i have interacted with it (i opened the Options and closed it or something) and THEN do a right click i become "Dynamic Component Error, PopUpMenu recreation".
Ok, we're getting there slowly.
Try these with no controllers:
1) Run Xpadder, no interaction, right-click tray icon (get "range check error"), now right-click tray icon again. Do you get "recreation error"?
2) Exit and restart Xpadder, interact, right-click tray icon. Do you get "range check error"?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

danielkrause2 wrote: Edit: I did it with compatibility mode:
Windows 7 - same problem
Just to make sure, you have used the older version of Xpadder (the one that is not Windows8 compatible) for that?

danielkrause2

Post by danielkrause2 »

Primal Fear wrote:
danielkrause2 wrote: Edit: I did it with compatibility mode:
Windows 7 - same problem
Just to make sure, you have used the older version of Xpadder (the one that is not Windows8 compatible) for that?
No, when i try to start an older version that is NOT Windows 8 compatible i become an Error message (paraphrased is above) and xpadder is not going to work.

danielkrause2

Post by danielkrause2 »

Ok, we're getting there slowly.
Try these with no controllers:
1) Run Xpadder, no interaction, right-click tray icon (get "range check error"), now right-click tray icon again. Do you get "recreation error"?
Yes, first the range check, then the menurecreation
2) Exit and restart Xpadder, interact, right-click tray icon. Do you get "range check error"?
yes

Try'ed it with both W7 compatiblity and XP SP3, both have the same Error Reactions.
I Have testet it 3 times with each compatiblity Mode and one time (not reproducable!! No Error Msg, nothing) i did this with Windows XP compatibility Mode then it's right click (Range Error), right click (menu creation) and when i click on the red X to close the Window, the complete Programm freezes. Nothing was accepted anymore and i had to kill it with the Taskmanager. After starting the Programm again i become the range Error and when i close the Programm with the X it works and nothing freezes.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The compatibility mode shouldn't make any difference about the tray menu problem.
I meant it only as a attempt to run the older version that it not Windows8 compatible. If this older version doesn't even start with compatibility mode, you can completely forget about that idea.

Excrubulent

Post by Excrubulent »

danielkrause2 wrote: 1) Run Xpadder, no interaction, right-click tray icon (get "range check error"), now right-click tray icon again. Do you get "recreation error"?
Yes, first the range check, then the menurecreation
yes
+1 - I'm having this exact same problem. This behaviour exactly, both with & without controllers.

EDIT: I should add I'm using the latest Xpadder, 2013.07.18, on Win 7 64-bit.

lamont

Post by lamont »

Anything new here?

I'm getting much the exact behavior reported by danielkrause2, same error message sequences, same behavior regardless of whether or not a controller is connected. Middle click will close the app, so I can work around it without having to kill processes all the time. Still kind of obnoxious though ;)

From the About screen -
Version

System
Windows 7 SP1 Build7601 64bit
XInput v1.3 DirectX 2007+

The only other relevant information is I've got a dual-monitor setup... don't recall seeing if danielkrause2 was dual or single monitors.

gsilver0

Post by gsilver0 »

This is still an issue.

I have a multi-monitor setup, and I always get the error when I right-click on the xpadder icon in the task bar if the taskbar isn't on my primary monitor.

It works fine for me if I move the taskbar to the primary monitor.

Same setup as the above user.

nickx2g

Post by nickx2g »

Yeah this is a multi-monitor issue is there any way to fix this? without having to change primary monitor or taskbar position.

Return to “Error message while using Xpadder”