Advanced assignment with set selector?

DV8ing1

Advanced assignment with set selector?

Post by DV8ing1 »

Hey guys/gals,

Was just wondering if it were possible to have an advanced assignment (macro) that ends with it changing back to a previous set.

As of right now, I have to hold my set selector button while my combo is being completed. I would love for me to hold the set selector key and then press the appropriate combo key and have it complete in its entirety without holding the original set selector key. Another minor workaround if possible would be for my controller to rumble when its finished.

The problem is I can't see when the macro is complete so I either hold the set selector too long or too short and fail the input. If anyone has played FF6 for the snes its for Sabins Blitz techniques where you basically have to input a password to complete his moves. Unfortunately your inputs are invisible so you sont know when xpadder is done.

Hope my question makes sense! And thanks in advance for anyone that takes the time to look at this.

DV8ing1

Re: Advanced assignment with set selector?

Post by DV8ing1 »

Sorry people. It would appear that experimentation would have saved both my time and yours for reading this :P

If you have an advanced input and have the set selector set to go to the appropriate set via 1-way, it will perform your macro then change after! This is exactly what I needed. What a useful program, although having set selector and maybe vibration in the advanced assignment area could clear up a lot of confusion!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

The advanced assignment window will soon change to make things easier to see and program.
The new system will be called Slot machine ;)

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

DV8ing1 wrote:If you have an advanced input and have the set selector set to go to the appropriate set via 1-way, it will perform your macro then change after!
I didn't know Xpadder would do this if I understand correctly. You press the button and it executes the assignment then changes sets when done? Could you post and example assignment, it would make for a great advanced tip.

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Kloreep »

Indeed, that sounds interesting. "While held" set selection will let you do something like that, but I wasn't aware of anything special about 1-way.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

With "One-Way" and "Two-Way", Xpadder switches the Set after releasing the button. So the assignment in the initial set will be triggered before switching. Only problem, if it is a Sequence you have to hold the button until it is finished. Otherwise will stop in the moment you release the button, since Xpadder switches the Set.

With "While Held" you have to place a assignment in the destination Set to have it triggered. Here is the same problem with Sequences like with one and two way.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Primal Fear wrote:With "One-Way" and "Two-Way", Xpadder switches the Set after releasing the button. So the assignment in the initial set will be triggered before switching. Only problem, if it is a Sequence you have to hold the button until it is finished. Otherwise will stop in the moment you release the button, since Xpadder switches the Set.
What if you add the toggle? Will it do the full sequence then switch sets which then clears the toggle? I don't have a controller on the computer to try.

edit: The toggle will change the set selection from One-way and while held I think.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

myself wrote:Only problem, if it is a Sequence you have to hold the button until it is finished. Otherwise will stop in the moment you release the button, since Xpadder switches the Set.
I have to revise this part. A Sequence will be performed till the end, and then Xpadder will switch the Set. Exactly like he already said for one-way.

With "While held" there is a dual problem. Xpadder stops the Sequence with the button release, which makes sense since Xpadder would now switch back to the initial Set. But that also doesn't work, Xpadder is getting stuck in the destination Set. :?
SGTCableDog wrote:What if you add the toggle? Will it do the full sequence then switch sets which then clears the toggle? I don't have a controller on the computer to try.

edit: The toggle will change the set selection from One-way and while held I think.
The toggle automatically makes the difference between "One-way" or "Two-way" and "While held". If you change this setting manually, you will also change type of the Set switching.

I guess Jonathan could not have been explain this better. :mrgreen:

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I can't remember how it works now :lol: Slot Machine will fix it all 8)

Return to “Sets”