Set pages Bugs

Chuckiecfinster

Set pages Bugs

Post by Chuckiecfinster »

SO heres the bug. Basically I have 3 set pages. Now when im using an xbox controller and left bumper when held down switches to set 2 and right bumper/button does the 3 set page. so heres basically what happens. Ill hold down left bumper/button and it brings up set 2. then while still holding left bumper if i bring up set with right bumper. then let go of left bumper and then let go of right bumper it changes which page is like locked or whats default. in case you dont understand the button combination goes like this : left bumper (held down) + right bumper (held down)+ let go of left bumper + let go of right bumper. Now if you did this whill being on set page 1 it will now be page 2 when your done. I was wondering if you could find a way to make page one ALWAYS stay even after doing this. I LOVE the program and I appreciate the program it rocks. <3 =)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Set pages Bugs

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes this is a known bug.
When you hold the button that switches in Set1 to Set3 while leaving Set2, Xpadder should go over Set1 to Set2, but it doesn't. There for it trigger after releasing the button for Set3 and, as the button is already released, there is no command to go back.

As a workaround, you can use "two-way" instead of "while held" and activate the turbo at the lowest time setting of 0.02s in the source Set (so usually Set1). The only problem of that is if you manage to release the button within these 0.02 seconds (almost impossible, even by intention) you get stuck in this Set, but you can easily leave it by pressing the button once.

Chuckiecfinster

Thank you primal =) im playing star wars the old republic and it gets annoying when this happens -.- but hopefully the workaround will do well =)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you use Smiley's profile, he has already changed with the workaround I told you too.

On another note: There where some people that posted that Xpadder wouldn't work anymore with this game since the last patch. Can I assume that it is still working for you? If yes, do you have WindowsUAC disabled?

Chuckiecfinster

I'm not sure I use boot camp not sure if that matters but it works perfectly, actually better than imagined. But if you tell me where to look ill check that for you

Chuckiecfinster

Actually now that I think about it I chose option 3 so only when programs what to make changes. I do have my firewall off idk if that helps lol

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

So you use Windows 7, 32bit or 64bit and do you have ServicePack1 installed? You can find these Information under "System" in the control panel.

Chuckiecfinster

32-bit yes I have Serv pack 1

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Thank you for your help so far. One last question, where do you have placed the Xpadder.exe?

Chuckiecfinster

I just made a folder on my desktop. I named it XPadder. It has exe and my profile as well

Chuckiecfinster

Idk why anyone would have trouble I played it last night. Only info I can give is they need to make sure XPadder is on screen before going into starwars. Also they need to make sure they go into starwars and change the key bindings and they should also try a different letters if one doesn't work iv had to do that a couple times because some letters just don't work

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Normally the main Window doesn't have to be open, for Xpadder to work. It shouldn't make any difference if Xpadder is only running minimized in the System Tray, only the profile has to be loaded.
Are you sure that the main window has to be open?

That some keys aren't working is a really strange behavior, but it explains that post perfectly. So like ASD is working, but W not. Can I assume that these buttons work on the keyboard?

Chuckiecfinster

Well idk if XPadder being open matters I just always have it open just to sure lol. But one example of keys not working is "Y" I had it set to a button and one day it wasn't working. And then another day it was could just be some weird bug that fixes itself. But for those who are having issues if make sure they didn't accidentally do the set glitch I did xD and wonder "why the flippity-dippity-doo isn't this working?" and then to find out they were on a different set page xD that'd be funny. But idk I played last night and still no issues now that I have the work-around it works perfectly!

arden72003

Post by arden72003 »

I realize I am necroing this thread. Please forgive me but I have this bug and I cant find a new thread, is there a fix for while held?
:cry:

Return to “Sets”