Tap/hold set switching?

Diziet Sma

Tap/hold set switching?

Post by Diziet Sma »

First post here, and I must say, after having only discovered Xpadder today, I'm extremely impressed with it. It's far more configurable than the profiling software that came with my Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick.

I've done some searching, but can't quite find what I'm looking for, so I hope somebody can help.

I more or less understand the use of the advanced assignment slots, but I can't work out how to achieve what I want with it. Basically, I want to assign a keypress to the button when it's tapped, but if the button is held instead, I want it to switch to a different set. So far as I can tell, set switching can't be assigned as part of the sequence. Or am I missing something here?

Is it possible to do what I want?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Tap/hold set switching?

Post by Primal Fear »

That's not directly possible, but I have here two different ways for an makeshift solution.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,A,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set1Button1Toggle=1
Set1Button1SetSelect=1
Set1Button2SetSelect=1
Set2Button1Toggle=1
Set2Button1SetSelect=0
Set2Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set2Button2SetSelect=0
Button 1 has A assigned on tap and then there are ten Pauses of 10 minutes (maximum length for one Pause) each to block Xpadder from switching the Set for 60 minutes (if you need more you can simply add more Pauses. One hold, Xpadder will switch the Set after releasing the button.
Button 2 switches the Set as long as you hold it, but if you release it directly (before 0.20 seconds), A will be pressed and then Xpadder switches directly back.

Diziet Sma

Re: Tap/hold set switching?

Post by Diziet Sma »

Thanks very much for the quick response.. I'll give those a try. :D

Return to “Sets”