Why are there no proper tutorial ReadMe's

Why are there no proper tutorial ReadMe's

Post by GUEST »

I am a potential buyer to your great sounding product but have been scouring your forums & site but can find no real help for the gamer such as myself that has very little knowledge or interest in autohotkey scripts, macros etc.

I have read so much about the 8 sets per profile but can find nowhere that simply tells you how to change between other sets. I see the profiles that kind users have made that are sometimes accompanied with 'autohotkey script' & instructions to as .ahk ??? No explanation & so I have poured through the site for a layman's tutorial or readme document but can find nothing.

I particularly wanted to purchase this as I have a great PC setup that is connected to a large LCD TV & wish to play Windows Live titles & others, from the comfort of my sofa, with my wired 360 Controller. Dragonage is one such title I am very keen to play on controller (360 & PS3 versions of this game are very inferior to the PC version IMO. I have found a profile, created by a very clever & kind member &, although getting the basic jist of how xpadder works; everything in the paragraph below has me baffled

**And here's the AutoHotKey script. Save this as DragonAge.ahk or whatever, and run it before you run DragonAge. You may have to change the path to DAOriginsLauncher.exe to get the icon to show up correctly, and you definitely have to change the path of Xpadder if you want that to launch.**

Is there a simple yet informative tutorial that covers, creating sets, how to switch between these sets, everything that covers the above paragraph & such; as guiding noobs like me to a tutorial section that is nothing more than another forum where ppl are using words like 'winkie'????; isn't really helping.

Thanks for any help you can give.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Why are there no proper tutorial ReadMe's

Post by mnl1121 »

AutoHotKey scripts were introduced by Xpadder users. Non of the technicians (including me) know how they work so i'm sorry but we can't help you much in that regard. However we have been trying to get a good tutorial going to explain Sets as thats a rather confusing part of Xpadder. We have tutorials on how to create a controller or profile but nothing on sets. Basically a set is like the shift key on your keyboard. You assign a button on your gamepad to be that "Set changer" (aka a shift key), by right clicking on the button then going to Set Selector. Then you choose which button will change to which set and how. There is one-way, two-way, and while-held.

One-way means you press it and it changes to set X, but you cannot go back to set one by pressing the same button. The button is free to be changed to another assignment.
Two-way means you can press it once to change to set X and then have the ability to go back to whatever set you came from by pressing it again.
While-Held is what i think the most useful. It changes to set X as long as you hold the button down.

Hope that helps :) let us know if you still need help.

Post by GUEST »

Thankyou. That makes sense. I think an accessible tutorial documentation or readme would go a long way to making this software accessible to newcomers. Thanks for your help. Will make the purchase. :-)

JRVeale

Post by JRVeale »

i don't have excess space on my controller to assign a "change set" button... Is there a way of manually changing set on my pc itself?? would be very useful.

Return to “More questions”