Per Application mode

badapples

Per Application mode

Post by badapples »

Hi,

I want only to know if it is possible to use the XBOX 360 controller through Xpadder only for some application and in others the application should do nothing?
I want this because the are some games which have already a good controller support and I don't want to change this, But other application cannot be controlled with a controller (e.g. Windows Media Center).

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Per Application mode

Post by FARSTRIDER »

its a suggested feature for a future version

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Actually it is just necessary to load a empty profile, so Xpadder will send absolutely no input although it is running.
Xpadder can do this automatically with the auto profile feature, if you save an empty profile and make an entry with the specific game and this profile.
But other application cannot be controlled with a controller (e.g. Windows Media Center).
If this is a question, yes it is possible.
If you want that this is not possible, you can use the empty profile to load by default if no other entry matches with the auto profile feature.

I recently made this tutorial, where I have everything with the auto profile feature explained.

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Kloreep »

As Primal Fear says, you can do this on a game-by-game basis by creating an AutoProfile for the game linked to a blank profile you have saved.

If you want to go one step further, enable the <None> <Default> line and edit the Profile part of its entry to be your blank file. This way it will automatically load the blank profile if, at any moment, one of the other AutoProfiles is not in effect (e.g., you alt-tab out of a game that you do use Xpadder in). Just note that you'll have to remember to disable this entry anytime you're working on a new profile; otherwise, it'll keep wiping out your work!

Return to “More questions”