Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (X360)

Share and discuss profiles
geralcurley

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (X360)

Post by geralcurley »

All right folks, another profile for you, but with a twist... real analog movement. Here is the xpadder profile:

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile File ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2011.05.13

[Profile Settings]

[Set Settings]

[Assignments]
Set1Button1Name=Jump
Set1Button1Slots=Space
Set1Button2Name=Character Sheet
Set1Button2Slots=C
Set1Button3Name=Reload\Use
Set1Button3Slots=R,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,E
Set1Button4Name=Inventary
Set1Button4Slots=I
Set1Button5Name=Feed
Set1Button5Slots=F
Set1Button6Name=Attack mode
Set1Button6Slots=Tab
Set1Button7Name=Log
Set1Button7Slots=L
Set1Button8Name=Menu
Set1Button8Slots=Escape
Set1Button9Name=Crouch
Set1Button9Slots=Left Control
Set1Button10Name=FPS\TPS
Set1Button10Slots=Z
Set1DPadUpName=Melee
Set1DPadUpSlots=F1
Set1DPadRightName=Power Right
Set1DPadRightSlots=Mouse Wheel Up
Set1DPadDownName=Gun
Set1DPadDownSlots=F2
Set1DPadLeftName=Power Left
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Mouse Wheel Down
Set1Stick1UpName=Move
Set1Stick1RightName=Move
Set1Stick1DownName=Move
Set1Stick1LeftName=Move
Set1Stick2UpName=Look
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=62
Set1Stick2RightName=Look
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=62
Set1Stick2DownName=Look
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=62
Set1Stick2LeftName=Look
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=62
Set1TriggerLeftName=Power
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1TriggerRightName=Attack
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set3Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set3Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set3Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set3Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set3Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set3TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set3TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Now for the analog controls, first go to "c:\program files\Activision\Vampire - bloodlines\vampire\cfg" or if on 64bit windows, it should be in "c:\program files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - bloodlines\vampire\cfg". Then create a txt file, open it and paste this into it:

joyname "Xbox360 controller"
joyadvanced 1
joyadvaxisx 3
joyadvaxisy 1
joyadvaxisz 0
joyadvaxisr 2
joyadvaxisu 4
joyadvaxisv 0
joyforwardsensitivity -0.60
joysidesensitivity 0.60
joypitchsensitivity 0
joyyawsensitivity 0
joyadvancedupdate
crosshair 1
joyyawthreshold 0.24
joypitchthreshold 0.20
joysidethreshold 0.20
joyforwardthreshold 0.19
Then click on file, choose save as, click on "save as type", choose "all files" and save as "autoexec.cfg". Due to patches like True Patch Gold or so, the autoexec.cfg might already exist. If so, just paste it into that. There you go, thanks to the highly configurable source engine, you can have true analog joystick controls along with an xpadder profile. I didn't bother mapping the buttons in the autoexec because xpadder is much more flexible, with more advanced button options.

There is one problem however, your crawl speed will be as fast as your run speed, I do not know how to fix this, perhaps there is a console command I am missing...

garesu

Re: Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines(xbox 360)

Post by garesu »

This is awesome, thanks :)

ixaarii

Post by ixaarii »

This is not the first game I'm having this problem with so i thought i'd ask in case i'm doing something wrong: i click on select all, copy, but when i paste I get controller data is not valid. Last time I worked around it by physically creating the data (i think it was for Stalker) ... but i thought i'd ask. Thank you!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You have pasted the profile in the controller menu on the left side, but profiles have to be pasted in the profiles menu on the right side (text sheet symbol).

aron.gann

Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (X360)

Post by aron.gann »

Quick question here... Is this only compatible with an Xbox 360 controller? I'm using a PS3 controller and when I open the game it's as if xpadder isn't even on. First time I've encountered this one.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

aron.gann wrote:Is this only compatible with an Xbox 360 controller? I'm using a PS3 controller...
With the PS3 controller you need to select in the DS3Tool "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" instead of "Playstation 3". After clicking on "Enable", Xpadder will detect a new controller ad if you didn't already do that, you need to create another controller layout for this mode before you can load the profile.
If you use the Playstation 3 mode, all the buttons will be mixed up.

aron.gann wrote:...and when I open the game it's as if xpadder isn't even on.
There are two possible problems. First, did you do the following, mentioned by the profile author?
geralcurley wrote:Now for the analog controls, first go to "c:\program files\Activision\Vampire - bloodlines\vampire\cfg" or if on 64bit windows, it should be in "c:\program files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - bloodlines\vampire\cfg". Then create a txt file, open it and paste this into it:

joyname "Xbox360 controller"
joyadvanced 1
joyadvaxisx 3
joyadvaxisy 1
joyadvaxisz 0
joyadvaxisr 2
joyadvaxisu 4
joyadvaxisv 0
joyforwardsensitivity -0.60
joysidesensitivity 0.60
joypitchsensitivity 0
joyyawsensitivity 0
joyadvancedupdate
crosshair 1
joyyawthreshold 0.24
joypitchthreshold 0.20
joysidethreshold 0.20
joyforwardthreshold 0.19
Then click on file, choose save as, click on "save as type", choose "all files" and save as "autoexec.cfg". Due to patches like True Patch Gold or so, the autoexec.cfg might already exist. If so, just paste it into that. There you go, thanks to the highly configurable source engine, you can have true analog joystick controls along with an xpadder profile. I didn't bother mapping the buttons in the autoexec because xpadder is much more flexible, with more advanced button options.
Second, it is possible that you need to Xpadder as admin for this game because of Windows UAC.

aron.gann

Post by aron.gann »

Actually, I ran xpadder as admin and it's working wonderfully. Thank you for the profile and advice.

I ended up having to switch some of the buttons around to work a bit better for the PS3. All in all, works great.

exiledsoldier88

Post by exiledsoldier88 »

So my profile shows up correctly on xpadder. I named it VTMB. I also copied and pasted the analog the analog controls onto the already existing autoexec.cfg file. I still get no action out of the controller. Thoughts?

EDIT: I also play this through steam, would that affect it?

EDIT 2: I know I haven't posted in awhile because I was frustrated that I couldn't use my controller. I tried again today. Created the profile again, re pasted the config into the autoexec.cfg and ran xpadder in admin. All of the buttons work except the left analog. I can attack, use powers, and I can even crouch. just no walking... help?
Last edited by exiledsoldier88 on 07 Nov 2014, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

No, Steam shouldn't make any difference. I neither the analog stick work directly in the game nor the buttons over Xpadder, there are probably two problems at once.

For Xpadder to work in that game, you need to run Xpadder as admin (UAC issue).

As for the analog stick, either you did something wrong with config, but I cannot give you any detail about that as I don't have this game. Except, as you the Steam version, your installation folder is for sure not to find under the mentioned path but under ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\...

Also if you should be using a PS3 controller with Motioninjoy, you need to change the mode setting every time you reconnect your controller or have rebooted your PC to the Xbox 360 Controller emulation in It's DS3 Tool.

exiledsoldier88

Post by exiledsoldier88 »

So my profile shows up correctly on xpadder. I named it VTMB. I also copied and pasted the analog the analog controls onto the already existing autoexec.cfg file. I still get no action out of the controller. Thoughts?

EDIT: I also play this through steam, would that affect it?

EDIT 2: I know I haven't posted in awhile because I was frustrated that I couldn't use my controller. I tried again today. Created the profile again, re pasted the config into the autoexec.cfg and ran xpadder in admin. All of the buttons work except the left analog. I can attack, use powers, and I can even crouch. just no walking... help?

Return to “Game Profiles”