Splinter Cell (X360)

Share and discuss profiles
Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Splinter Cell (X360)

Post by Primal Fear »

I made this profile with the demo.

[Important]To make this profile working properly, open the text file under this link, press Ctrl+A followed CTRL+C to copy all the text, open your "SplinterCellUser.ini" under ".../Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell/SYSTEM" with notepad and then replace the part "[Engine.Input]" by deleting the original part and pasting my text on this place by pressing CTRL+V[Important]
It makes the triggers not working (originally look left/right) and also disables the rest of the native controller support, except for the left stick.

The profile,
-if a assignment has two names separated by a /, then it mens that the first one is assigned on tap and the second one on hold
-QuickLoad has a delay of 0.70 seconds, so you have to hold it while you have to tap QuickLoad

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2014.01.01
Name=Splinter Cell (X360)
Set1DPadMode=Horizontal
Set1Button1Name=Jump
Set1Button1Slots=Backspace
Set1Button2Name=Back to wall
Set1Button2Slots=Q
Set1Button3Name=Interact
Set1Button3Slots=Space
Set1Button4Name=Night/Heat Vision
Set1Button4Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,2,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,3
Set1Button5Name=Quick Inventory
Set1Button5Slots=Left Control
Set1Button6Name=Reload/Equip
Set1Button6Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,R,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set1Button8Name=Pause
Set1Button8Slots=Escape
Set1Button9Name=Crouch
Set1Button9Slots=C
Set1Button10Name=reset cam, l. click
Set1Button10Slots=X,Left Mouse Button (1)
Set1DPadRightName=QuickSave
Set1DPadRightSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,F5,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set1DPadLeftName=QuickLoad
Set1DPadLeftSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.70s,F8
Set1Stick1UpName=move
Set1Stick1UpSlots=DISTANCE ZONE 85%,W
Set1Stick1RightName=move
Set1Stick1DownName=move
Set1Stick1DownSlots=DISTANCE ZONE 85%,S
Set1Stick1LeftName=move
Set1Stick2UpName=camera
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2RightName=camera
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2DownName=camera
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2LeftName=camera
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1TriggerLeftName=Alt. Fire
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1TriggerRightName=Fire, l. click
Set1TriggerRightSlots=F,Left Mouse Button (1)
Last edited by Primal Fear on 27 Feb 2014, 21:46, edited 4 times in total.

bilabong1993

Re: Splinter Cell (X360)

Post by bilabong1993 »

is this for splinter cell 1? I cannot get this to work for some reason. i pasted the profile in xpadder and I replaced the Engine.Input part in the ini file. still doesnt work. the controls are unresponsive on keyboard and my xbox pad as soon as the game starts... any suggestions?

Caspers_Ghost

Post by Caspers_Ghost »

bilabong1993 wrote:is this for splinter cell 1? I cannot get this to work for some reason. i pasted the profile in xpadder and I replaced the Engine.Input part in the ini file. still doesnt work. the controls are unresponsive on keyboard and my xbox pad as soon as the game starts... any suggestions?

me either

citizencook

Post by citizencook »

This is no good. You haven't mapped the mouse wheel for a start

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

But it has this quick inventory button. Didn't that one work for selecting the weapons?

exiledsoldier88

Post by exiledsoldier88 »

Tried using this profile and I'm having the same unresponsive keyboard and xbox controller. Now I can't even play the game lol. Any suggestions xpert?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You could simply reinstall the game, or you could have simply been making a copy of this file before editing it. If you have the Steam version you can also simply delete the file and then verify the game cache files.

I have fixed a problem with the text for the SplinterCellUser.ini, so actually the problem of the first two answers shouldn't occur anymore. Maybe there is difference between the demo and the full version. If you can post your original [Engine.Input] part here, I would have a look where the problem could be.

Edit: I think I got it, somehow copy&pasting the text added six spaces in front of every line. I have fixed that, replacing the [Engine.Input] part again with the new version should now really fix the problem with the unresponsive keyboard and also make the profile working.

Edit2: It's not fixed, the forum or at least the code box is doing that. I'm working on a workaround...

Edit3:It's the code box :|, it adds 4 Spaces in front of every line when copying out of it. I have posted the text on Google docs where it can be copied with out changes. Link in the profile post.

exiledsoldier88

Thanks for the help and quick reply Primal. I do have the steam version. Do you still need me to post my .ini? I cant find the link in the profile post.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The link is in the [Important] section, called "this link". But the following one will also work,
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1duY ... edit?pli=1.
I will only need your .ini if this should still not be working for you. If it does, everything is fine.

exiledsoldier88

Thanks again. That got it done and now I can use the controller but only movement and camera seem to work. Stuck at the beginning of training where I have to jump and grab the ledge.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

exiledsoldier88

I apologize. I just got this yesterday and I guess I skipped that part since I didn't need it when I used your San Andreas layout. I have done that and am able to do most functions. I got to a point where I have to crouch but that doesn't seem to be mapped. Am I wrong again? lol

EDIT: Sorry. I see it now. Let me play with it for a second

EDIT2: So I played around for a bit and it seems holding RB for equip minimizes the game. Also I am having trouble doing certain tasks like picking locks or equipping items without the keyboard

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have no idea why holding RB should minimize the game, it just presses the middle mouse button. It works for me without any problems. For equip you need to hold RB for more than 0.30 seconds and then you can release it, if doing that minimizes the game for you that of course doesn't work but I really have no idea why that could happen just because of the middle mouse button.
To use such a disposable lock pick you need to hold LB to open the inventory, move the cursor with the right stick over the lock picks, select it with RT and use it in front of a locked door again with RT.

I have found a problem with the profile. If you have more than one interaction object close to you, you have to hold the interaction button (X), to select one of the entries and to release the interaction key when the desired entry is selected. Well this this selection only works with W and S, but not with the left stick although this input come from the native game pad support of the game. I have updated the profile post with a new profile that adds this function on Dpad left stick +85% up/down. QuickSave has for that reason now a delay of 0.70s too, to not press it unintentionally.

Edit: Also added a tiny extra. You need to rebind fire to F, then you can select menu and Inventory entries by tapping the right stick button. Before it only worked by holding it (which included the risk to fire) or with the right trigger.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

citizencook wrote:This is no good. You haven't mapped the mouse wheel for a start
And just btw: this game doesn't utilize the mouse wheel, so there is no good reason to map it. :roll:

siknik64

Post by siknik64 »

Primal Fear wrote:
citizencook wrote:This is no good. You haven't mapped the mouse wheel for a start
And just btw: this game doesn't utilize the mouse wheel, so there is no good reason to map it. :roll:

Actually, yeah this game does use the mouse wheel. You need it to change the walking/running speed. Without it you're stuck walking everywhere.

Return to “Game Profiles”