[NEW] Elder Scrolls Online w/ UI Support (X360) More Perfect than the Perfect One!

Share and discuss profiles
Tierney11290

[NEW] Elder Scrolls Online w/ UI Support (X360) More Perfect than the Perfect One!

Post by Tierney11290 »

The Xpadder profile is complete (for the most part)! I have an in-game UI working and the full details on the addon can be found here (where the Xpadder Profile also resides). Below is some basic information on the profile:

Q: So why use Stratejacket Xbox UI over other addons/configurations?
A: Stratejacket Xbox UI is designed with an easy to use UI in mind as well as simliar controls to that of other Elder Scrolls games like Skyrim. It is also designed for the simplest and easiest to use configuration so that using a controller is a viable solution.

I have also seen other configurations that are very poorly thought out. For example, a lot of people seem to set up their profile to use every key. This is a very bad idea because it is not only difficult to memorize, but also useless. I am honestly baffled by some of the set ups that I have seen because it is neither intuitive nor easy.

Q: Why is Pinnacle/Xpadder chosen over other programs?
A: Pinnacle has many more possibilities compared to Xpadder, so I do highly recommend using that over Xpadder. However, I will be including an Xpadder profile from now on, though it will not receive anymore updates. I chose these two programs for many reasons. If you are curious as to why, please post a comment.

Q: Why is the UI set up the way it is?
A: If you look at the position of the the individual action buttons, you can see they are laid out the same as the buttons on the Xbox controller. It makes it easier to learn which button to hit for the ability you want. Simple as that!

~CURRENT FEATURES~
Pinnacle and Xpadder Profiles complete setup for ease of use
Optimized UI for controller use
Menu Navigation (better with Pinnacle)
Rumble feature on Jump, Sprint, and Dodge buttons (only with Pinnacle)

~UPCOMING FEATURES~
Better menu navigation (Dpad to choose items)

~KNOWN ISSUES~
Look Around Camera Stutter w/ Pinnacle (work-around located above)
Xbox Button Icons overlapping in certain instances such as entering/exiting Siege Weapon

Layout for Xbox 360 Profile (image)

Layout for Xbox One Profile (image)

UI Profile screenshot
Last edited by Tierney11290 on 19 Jul 2014, 16:14, edited 5 times in total.

Tierney11290

Re: [NEW] Elder Scrolls Online w/ UI Support (X360)

Post by Tierney11290 »

New update with the Xpadder profile and several other changes! I'll keep this post updated for future releases....

oliver twist

Re: [NEW] Elder Scrolls Online w/ UI Support (X360) More Perfect than the Perfect One!

Post by oliver twist »

thanks !

farnsworth84

Re: [NEW] Elder Scrolls Online w/ UI Support (X360) More Perfect than the Perfect One!

Post by farnsworth84 »

Where is the profile for this setup?

Tierney11290

Post by Tierney11290 »

farnsworth84 wrote:Where is the profile for this setup?
It can be found on esoui.com, curse.com, or nexusmods.com

farnsworth84

Post by farnsworth84 »

I cant seem to find the profile for this layout? I found an old thread for "perfect layout" but the buttons are different than the picture images you linked here? What am I doing wrong?

Tierney11290

Post by Tierney11290 »

farnsworth84 wrote:I cant seem to find the profile for this layout? I found an old thread for "perfect layout" but the buttons are different than the picture images you linked here? What am I doing wrong?
So you went to one of the above mentioned websites and downloaded the addon correct? After you download it and extract it to your Addons folder, you have to open it up and go to Controller Profiles/Xpadder/Elder Scrolls Online.xpadderprofile. That is where it is located

Tierney11290

Post by Tierney11290 »

farnsworth84 wrote:I cant seem to find the profile for this layout? I found an old thread for "perfect layout" but the buttons are different than the picture images you linked here? What am I doing wrong?
Oh and the "Perfect Layout" thread is not by me. I was just being humorous :D

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have improved the screenshot links a bit, to avoid further confusion. You should better also add a note in the first chapter of your profile post that the actual profile is included in the download of the addon.

jon_jh

Post by jon_jh »

jump, interact and sheath weapon are all on the wrong buttons for me. By editing the profile to change the button numbers I've got jump on button A, interact on button X, and sheath weapon on button Y. Now, what do I need to change in the addon to swap the button icons that show up in-game?

Tierney11290

Post by Tierney11290 »

jon_jh wrote:jump, interact and sheath weapon are all on the wrong buttons for me. By editing the profile to change the button numbers I've got jump on button A, interact on button X, and sheath weapon on button Y. Now, what do I need to change in the addon to swap the button icons that show up in-game?
Check out the Readme file included in the addon. There are some bindings that need changed.

jon_jh

Post by jon_jh »

I don't think you understand. In the xpadder profile I've changed this:

Code: Select all

[Assignments]
Set1Button1Name=Interact/Use/Equip
Set1Button1Slots=E
Set1Button2Name=Menu
Set1Button2Slots=Alt
Set1Button2Toggle=1
Set1Button2SetSelect=3
Set1Button3Name=Sheathe/Unsheathe Weapon
Set1Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,R,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,X
Set1Button4Name=Jump/Mount
Set1Button4Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Space,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,H
to this:

[Assignments]
Set1Button1Name=Jump/Mount
Set1Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Space,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,H
Set1Button2Name=Menu
Set1Button2Slots=Alt
Set1Button2Toggle=1
Set1Button2SetSelect=3
Set1Button3Name=Interact/Use/Equip
Set1Button3Slots=E
Set1Button4Name=Sheathe/Unsheathe Weapon
Set1Button4Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,R,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,X
Y = A
X = Y
A = X

how do I edit the addon to match up the button icons with this?

Tierney11290

Post by Tierney11290 »

jon_jh wrote:I don't think you understand. In the xpadder profile I've changed this:

[Assignments]
Set1Button1Name=Interact/Use/Equip
Set1Button1Slots=E
Set1Button2Name=Menu
Set1Button2Slots=Alt
Set1Button2Toggle=1
Set1Button2SetSelect=3
Set1Button3Name=Sheathe/Unsheathe Weapon
Set1Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,R,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,X
Set1Button4Name=Jump/Mount
Set1Button4Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Space,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,H
to this:

[Assignments]
Set1Button1Name=Jump/Mount
Set1Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Space,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,H
Set1Button2Name=Menu
Set1Button2Slots=Alt
Set1Button2Toggle=1
Set1Button2SetSelect=3
Set1Button3Name=Interact/Use/Equip
Set1Button3Slots=E
Set1Button4Name=Sheathe/Unsheathe Weapon
Set1Button4Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,R,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,X
Y = A
X = Y
A = X

how do I edit the addon to match up the button icons with this?
So it was working the way it should when straight from the download (as normal), but then you changed a few things around and want the UI to match what you changed correct? If so, it's much harder than just switching a few things around. The whole code would have to be changed in the .lua file for the addon.

jkent675

Post by jkent675 »

dude no profile code where you got it at and dont say in with the other mode because it only has Pinnacle

jkent675

Post by jkent675 »

i found it in older files but it was not in the one i downloaded from the start

frmathiasen

Post by frmathiasen »

Tierney11290 wrote:The Xpadder profile is complete (for the most part)! I have an in-game UI working and the full details on the addon can be found here (where the Xpadder Profile also resides).
this link doesn't work any update or new link for it?

Return to “Game Profiles”