U360 analog joysticks

mfournier

U360 analog joysticks

Post by mfournier »

Hi Everybody,

I'm curious to know if it is possible to add 2 controllers to one profile. I have 2 U360 joysticks set up on my Mame cab and would like to be able to
have one of them act as a move and the other as a fire joystick. This works well in mame since mame allows you to set up each joystick
in the config.

Each of these U360's is plugged in to a USB slot and within XPadder, seems to be treated as 2 separate controllers. I would just like to be able to set
them up to work together as a profile and add similar games to the auto profile list.

I was able to set up one controller tab to use the wsad and the other tab to use arrows, but when I save it and use it as a profile, it only appears
to use one tab's information and not the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Marc

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: U360 analog joysticks

Post by SGTCableDog »

You'll need to create a seperate profile for each stick if they will use different assignments i.e. WASD vs. arrows. You'll also need two Autoprofiles per game.To make sure each profile loads to the proper stick name the profiles game_name1 and game_name2.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

SGTCableDog wrote:To make sure each profile loads to the proper stick name the profiles game_name1 and game_name2.
Jonathan has fixed that bug that sorted identical AutoProfile entries alphabetically, so now the first entry will now be for the first controller and the second entry for the second controller and so on.

mfournier

Post by mfournier »

Thanks for your help! :rightthumbup:

mfournier

Post by mfournier »

I'm able to get a rudimentary version of an auto fire joystick but cannot seem to get it perfect.

I have my left USB 360 set to wasd (for moving) and my right usb 360 set to mouse for aiming and firing.
I added a mouse button using the advanced settings to the right joystick for firing. What I
am really trying to do is simulate a mouse aim and left click fire but the aiming seems twitchy whether I use
the spring, camera or other setting. I'd like to be able to play about a dozen games similary to how you'd play Robotron. One joy to move and one to fire.

Thanks
Marc

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I think what you are asking for is 8-way control of the stick. Right click the group assignment icon and choose the 8-way mode.

Return to “Other questions”