Xpadder and Eventghost

overlord.ssmi

Xpadder and Eventghost

Post by overlord.ssmi »

I am trying to set up an HTPC with XBMC and some emulators and other programs. I want to use eventghost to help switch between programs and standardize the control layout but it won't recognize all joysticks and parts of the controller. I hope to use xpadder to make it all accessible but eventghost won't see the 'keystrokes.' Is there anyway to get the key presses into eventghost?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Xpadder and Eventghost

Post by Jonathan »

I'm not familiar with EG. Does it listen out for a key combination and then perform a list of tasks?

Xpadder can perform sequences of key combinations and also auto-open profiles based on the currently active window - could you use this instead of EG?

overlord.ssmi

Post by overlord.ssmi »

It can read many different events and perform actions based on that. That is why I want to use it in conjunction with the controller as a central control interface. The weird thing is that it doesn't see the game pad as keyboard input like I would expect.

Kind of semi related... do you know if the is an XBCD driver that works with the wireless 360 control?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Try running Xpadder as administrator. You must first fully close Xpadder by right clicking the icon in the notification area/system tray and clicking "Close".

overlord.ssmi

Post by overlord.ssmi »

Thank you for the suggestion but that didn't work. It seems like eventghost isn't reading the emulated keystrokes. Is there a way to make the emulated keystrokes act like a hardware keyboard?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Having Xpadder act like a hardware keyboard would require a driver. Key emulation works perfectly 99% of the time - for the times that it doesn't there is either a security reason or the program is deliberately blocking/ignoring emulated keys for a specific reason.

From http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=3029
jinxdone wrote: Afaik EG's keyboard input plugin wont intentionally read emulated keypresses, because EG itself often generates them. It could easily lead into a loop of events.
This makes perfect sense. They have also posted some advice in that topic. Please let us know how things go...

Return to “Other questions”