Xpadder.exe always disappears

kiloonezero

Xpadder.exe always disappears

Post by kiloonezero »

Is there a reason why I have to Download a new Xpadder.exe every time after I Shut down the program. It seems to freeze and not let me do anything with it at all. I have done this several times now, and is beginning for the lack of better words becoming annoying at best. I have tried running as admin with the compatability setting set to xp serv pac 3 but still to no avail. Same result. I haven't been able to find a forum posting on this so any help would be appreciated.
I have windows 8 64 bit on a HP Pavilion g6 with amd QuaD CORE a8 Vision Amd Processor with 4 gigs of RAM.

I will say though this is by far the best software "when it is working for me" that I have every bought. It is recommended for all by me if you have games that are not compatible with controllers this is by FAR THE BEST SOLUTION. Easy program to use with plenty of support on the forums to find out what you need to know. Thanks for a great program I just hope I can get it working with out this hiccup soon :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder.exe always disappears

Post by Primal Fear »

Which web browser do you use to download Xpadder?
Where do you place the Xpadder.exe after downloading it?

kiloonezero

Post by kiloonezero »

Primal Fear wrote:Which web browser do you use to download Xpadder?
Where do you place the Xpadder.exe after downloading it?

I use Google Chrome to Download the Program and it is stored in the default folder for my downloads which is /desktop/computer/user/alter_000/downloads.

Thanks for the help and everything so far. You guys have made my Xpadder Experience that much better already by the promptness of response.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

OK, don't run Xpadder from your download folder. It's the best when you create a folder called Xpadder under "My Documents" and place the Xpadder.exe there. If you already find the Xpaddder.ini (a config file) in your Downloads folder, then move it there too to keep your settings.

kiloonezero

Post by kiloonezero »

Primal Fear wrote:OK, don't run Xpadder from your download folder. It's the best when you create a folder called Xpadder under "My Documents" and place the Xpadder.exe there. If you already find the Xpaddder.ini (a config file) in your Downloads folder, then move it there too to keep your settings.

Ok I will give that a shot and see if that resolves the issue I will let ya know what happens :D

copernicus28

Post by copernicus28 »

same thing happens to me ,after i download it as suggested (in my docs) its gone as soon as i close the folder , bought it today and it feels like a waste of my money and time ...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The only possibility is that your Anti Virus, check it's log files if it is deleting it (or moving it into quarantine). If you Anti-Virus should be that overactive to delete Xpadder (I had BitDefender once even deleting my self written batch files), add the folder you want to use to it's white list before downloading the Xpadder.exe to there.

copernicus28

Post by copernicus28 »

Primal Fear wrote:The only possibility is that your Anti Virus, check it's log files if it is deleting it (or moving it into quarantine). If you Anti-Virus should be that overactive to delete Xpadder (I had BitDefender once even deleting my self written batch files), add the folder you want to use to it's white list before downloading the Xpadder.exe to there.

tnx for speedy reply ,i did manage to locate it ,however my firewall won't run it even in sandbox .when i select to run it in sandbox nothing happens this is really weird

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you run Xpadder in a sandbox, it can only interact with programs that are running in there too. That's basically the sense of such a sandbox.
There has to be a way to tell your security software (it cannot be a firewall by it self, as a firewall wouldn't delete files and wouldn't offer a sandbox) to let Xpadder run normally.

copernicus28

Post by copernicus28 »

i got it working for a day after disabling antivirus /firewall , also i couldnt set mouse movements on gamepad and now when i try running it i get this msg" failed to set data for"

Return to “Cannot find Xpadder!”