Not working on APB

brettgentile

Not working on APB

Post by brettgentile »

I'm trying to us this with the Microsoft Xbox controller on the game ALL POINTS BULLETIN. I save a profile, but when I go in game, The game seems to override my xpadder setup. Any ideas what's going on?

I can still use the controller, but the game has decide what buttons I'm going to be using for specific actions. (It's ignoring my setup.)

Thanks.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Not working on APB

Post by Primal Fear »

In every case you have to turn off the native controller support. The game gets signals directly from the controller and from Xpadder, so there should be two inputs at the same time.Take a look in the game setting if it is possible to turn it off. If not post again, there are possible workarounds for this problem.

However, this seems to be an massively multiplayer online game, so it is possible that a Anti Cheat Tools blocks Xpadders input. But I don't know about that.
I will take a look about it's Anti Cheat software, if there is one.
In the mean time, you can already try to turn off this gamed support, maybe this is already enough.

Edit: I have found informations, that it will get PunkBuster or already has. PunkBuster has no problem with Xpadder, so there will be no problem with this.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

PunkBuster games do require Xpadder to be run as administrator.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Ah yes, UAC issue.
Here a link if you don't know how to do that. There I have also written why this is necessary.
But you have still to turn off gamepad support.

brettgentile

Post by brettgentile »

The controller works. But as the game boots up, some actions are already assigned to the game pad. When I change them in Xpadder, they work, but there is a conflict with the already assigned keys. For example, I assign the right trigger to be fire weapon, where it comes pre loaded as sprint. And I am running xpadder as an admin.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have already expected this.
And I found a simple solution for this in the APB forum.
Start APB and go into your options and RESTORE ALL CONTROLLER SETTINGS TO DEFAULT.
If this doesn't work, you can try move the xinput.dll out of installation folder of APB. So the game wont find it anymore and the gamepad assignments do not work anymore. In every case don't delete this file completely, if this solution makes problems you maybe have to reassemble this file again.

In this case there will be some will some change in this .dll necessary, I will declare to you then.

Return to “Other questions”