two identical controllers

bofman

two identical controllers

Post by bofman »

I have two Leo Bodnar BU0836X boards which are recognised game controllers in windows XP and Xpadder.
In Xpadder/settings/controllers it lists as order number 1, BU0836X interface, an ID number and found 2. All other controllers are also listed.
I have saved a seperate Xpadder controller file for each controller and a seperate profile file for each controller.
I firstly start Xpadder and minimise, then my gaming software which is Falcon 4 Allied Force. Only inputs from one controller are recognised. I must be missing something perhaps in settings.
Can you please help?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: two identical controllers

Post by SGTCableDog »

Make sure "Process non-selected controllers" is checked in the settings.

bofman

Post by bofman »

Settings are as per your screenshot. Must be something else.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Ok, if you open Xpadders controller properties (click the controllers tab) for each controller does the graphs change when pressing the buttons and moving the analog controls for both controllers?

bofman

Post by bofman »

There are no X inputs so the property screens show only DirectInput. There are only switches connected (no Axis) and they are recognised when butons are pressed.
These panels (Bu0836X) are recognised by windows and Xpadder. Wouldn't the problem be with either the way the files are saved OR the way the software is loading. I read somewhere about altering the shortcut to include all the profiles when loading but I have no idea how this is achieved.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

This is the same problem I have... only a different situation. I have two Playstation PSx to USB adapter in use... one handling a Wireless PS2 Katana controller, the other one handling a Wireless PS2 DVD Remote Control. I have a controller profile for each (one for the PS2 controller, one for the DVD Remote)... but when you load ONE controller profile, it will assume you want to use this profile for both controllers.

And the reason for this, is because your drivers are reporting identical controllers for both controllers. In my case, it's because my PSx to USB converters use the same driver, regardless of which controller is being used. In your case, you are showing both "controller boards" under the same "device", meaning it's using the same device drivers for both boards... meaning that (to Xpadder at least) both boards are the same exact controller.

This is a problem, because Xpadder (at least, presently) can't differentiate between controller ID#1 and ID#2 for your controller "profile". If you use the profile for controller "board #1", it will assume you want this profile for "board #2", and vise versa.

I've not come up with a solution to allow me to use both controllers without this "identical controllers result in the same profile being loaded for both" issue happening. The only thing I could do, was just use two copies of Xpadder, and run ONE Xpadder for one controller, and then when I needed to use the other controller, close the first Xpadder and run the second one. Not ideal... but it was the only solution I had.

I decided to just take off one of my PSx adapters, and replace my Katana with a 360 Wireless controller (I have seven of them, so why not?) and use a Wireless 360 receiver.

Is it possible to change the ID/Driver for just ONE of your game boards in Windows, so that Xpadder will think it's a different controller? That's about the only solution I can think of for your situation. This way, Xpadder will see both controllers, but treat them as different controllers and not give you this same issue.

bofman

Post by bofman »

There is a person using Xpadder to run eleven identical BU0836X boards to control his helo sim so it can be done. He posts on the DCS Black Shark forums under the username BaDCrC.

Quote: Xpadder will cost you 7 euros and the possiblities it offers are litterally mind blowing. All my pit is controlled using this little gem (about 300 switches, 12 USB interfaces).

I have pm'd him on this matter and will post here when I get my paltry two working.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

There is a similar topic here
My idea is to add support for multiple controller files for controllers that share the same ID.
The first controller with this ID will use controller file 1, the next found will use controller file 2.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Hi guys,
I to have two Leo Bodnar controllers, windows see’s both as separate controllers, (16c0&PID_05B5\Ao1293) and (16C0&PID_05B5\A00047), the game I use Falcon, sees them as just one and Xpadder sees two controllers with the same name (16C0:05B5), If I use a utility program from Leo Bodnar it shows them as (Ao1293) and (A00047), so to me, it looks like the last part of the name is not been picked up by Falcon and Xpadder.
I use another program (Joymapper) that recognises them as they should be.
I hope this info is of use in a probable Fix.

Reboot.

bofman

Post by bofman »

Jonathan wrote:There is a similar topic here
My idea is to add support for multiple controller files for controllers that share the same ID.
The first controller with this ID will use controller file 1, the next found will use controller file 2.
Hi Jonathon, can you tell me how the guy with nine of these BU8036X boards got his to work. (His username is BaDCrC)
If I remember, it had something to do with the way you load Xpadder by adding some commands to the shortcut. You gave him the advice and he got is controllers all working. He was the guy who posted his photos of his chopper simulator on these forums recently.
His multiple controllers share the same ID, they are identical to mine, I cant understand how his can work!!
Regards frustrated old baldy, Bob

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The command line options can be used with the command prompt, a batch file or a shortcut.

Xpadder "Profile1" "Profile2" "Profile3" "Shortcut.lnk" /M /C /?

- All options can be combined in any order.
- Switches (for example; /M) can be in upper or lower case.
- If filenames and/or paths include spaces then they must be enclosed in quotes.
- If no command line options are listed and this program is already running then the main window will restore or minimize.

"Profile"
Starts this program and automatically opens the profile(s) onto each controller. If this program is already running then the profiles will be automatically opened.

- If no controllers are connected then the profile(s) will open when a controller is connected
- If only one profile is specified and more than one controller is connected then the selected controller will open the profile
- If more than one profile is specified and more than one controller is connected then the first profile will be opened by the first controller and so on
- If the profile extension is omitted it will be automatically added

"Shortcut.lnk"
Starts this program (if it is not already running) and launches the shortcut.

- The shortcut must be a ".lnk" file and you must include the ".lnk" extension
- To launch an executable first create a shortcut to it and use the name of that shortcut
- Shortcuts will only launch when at least one controller is found, all controllers are connected and all profiles have successfully opened

/M
Starts this program minimized. If this program is already running it will be minimized if necessary.

/C
Closes this program if it is already running - if this program is not already running then it will not start.

/?
Displays this help window
You can skip the "shortcut.lnk" and switches. The first "profile" loads to the first controller and so on. As long as the profiles are in the same folder as Xpadder and the names don't include spaces you don't need to worry about including the quotes.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Reboot wrote:Hi guys,
I to have two Leo Bodnar controllers, windows see’s both as separate controllers, (16c0&PID_05B5\Ao1293) and (16C0&PID_05B5\A00047), the game I use Falcon, sees them as just one and Xpadder sees two controllers with the same name (16C0:05B5), If I use a utility program from Leo Bodnar it shows them as (Ao1293) and (A00047), so to me, it looks like the last part of the name is not been picked up by Falcon and Xpadder.
I use another program (Joymapper) that recognises them as they should be.
I hope this info is of use in a probable Fix.

Reboot.
I have copied this post to a new topic here. We can discuss it there.

Return to “Other questions”