fps help please

rossharris121

fps help please

Post by rossharris121 »

Can someone help me with this code?

k stands for hold strafe. When strafe is held and the mouse is emulated i achieve a variable motion with the left stick. However by doing this i am unable now to use the right stick at the same time as moving with the left. Is there a way around this?

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.06.03
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button3Toggle=1
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Up,K
Set1Stick1UpMouseSpeed=255
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Mouse Move Right,K
Set1Stick1RightMouseSpeed=255
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Down,K
Set1Stick1DownMouseSpeed=255
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=K,Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=255
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=121
Set1Stick2UpMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=121
Set1Stick2RightMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=121
Set1Stick2DownMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=121
Set1Stick2LeftMouseMode=Cursor
I want to be able to move the left stick for movement which works on its own and also the right stick for looking down the sight which also works on its own. for some reason or another they won't work at the same time yet.

rossharris121

dual analog capabilities

Post by rossharris121 »

with xpadder and games like modern warfare two is it possible to have dual analag sticks working. I can get one to work at a time but not both at the same time.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: fps help please

Post by Mobeeuz »

Multiple postings are bad form. The forums are not so big as no one will see your question. I'm assuming you have a 360 controller, you need to have the latest MS Drivers and ensure that use XInput is checked.Image

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

yea have all of that alrady. What i mean is in the game if i try to have multiple mouse assignments for each stick it only reads one at a time. So both work but not at the same time. I have to not touch the left stick to get the right to work because the leftstick has precedence of the right stick i guess.

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

is there something i can do in the stick setup so assign different axies to each stick to make them work seperately at same time?

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

Not that I know of... You may be able to fake it by assigning keypresses to up/down or left/right and assign the keys instead. What game is this?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The two sticks should be different axis', X and Y for the left and RX and RY for the right stick. The problem with multiple mouse assignments is Windows only has one mouse cursor so if you have multiple physical mice they will all try to control the cursor. With mouse assigned to both sticks and you try move it with both sticks at the same time it will cancel each other if the movement was in opposite directions.

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

well the way it works i found out is stick one always overrides stick 2. So they don't really cancel out. But if you have time please test out my code for the analog movement of the character... just seeing it work makes me really want to find a way around this not being able to assign mouse movements to both sticks.

RobbinxDehood

Post by RobbinxDehood »

Isn't that like saying that you want to move the mouse two different directions at the same time? You are only supposed to be able to do one thing at a time with a mouse. Maybe you aren't wording this right or something. I have never heard of anything like this. The D-pad, one of the sticks, or wasd always moves the character. While the other stick or the mouse allows you to look around. Strafing is a completely different idea altogether. It is the ability to move in the 8 directions available with wasd without turning giving you the ability to sight with the mouse at the same. Most games have either a strafe toggle or seperate strafe buttons similar to wasd which could be programmed into the controller using xpadder or strafing is done using a combination of a mouse aim to hold sight position while wasd are used to control the character movement. Maybe I'm missing something here. If you had movement coded to left stick as wasd and k as a different button on the control pad you could strafe and have the right stick be your mouse for looking and aiming. Xpadder is an awesome program that is designed to emulate a keyboard and mouse with a controller so everything needs to be thought of in that way.

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

well yea you can if before opening a game that uses the mouse move the mouse sort of in two directions at once. If you have standard mouse assignments assigned to both sticks when you move to the left with one at a small speed and hold it and before it reaches the far left side of the screen push the other one to the left as well. It should speed up.. meaning it is taking input from both sticks at same time. Try moving one stick to the left again then move the other stick to the right it should slow down or if pushed far enough it will go in other direction. Problem: The developers of modern warfare 2 like games must have realized this possibility and made it so only one direction of the mouse can be used at once. so i son't know what to do.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I think the problem is with Windows. You can have multiple mice connected to your computer but Windows only allows for a single mouse cursor. The physical mice movement would be summed up to a single cursor movement. Just like if you had multiple keyboards connected, Windows doesn't care which keyboard types a key it just types it.

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

yes...after thinking long about it i guess even what i was describing was stil like having two mouses moving one mouse cursor. so consoles provide the only true dual analog support then for modern warfare 2

Return to “Other questions”