Rotary encoders

bofman

Rotary encoders

Post by bofman »

Hi, I have attached rotary encoders to my bodnar boards and I have activated the small Bodnar program and set the apprpriate button pairs.Windows control panel recognises them correctly when rotated, however Xpadder does not see them. Any help available please?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Rotary encoders

Post by SGTCableDog »

Does Xpadders controller properties show any input? Click the controller tab to open it.

bofman

Post by bofman »

Yes, it does register the input in the properties screen.
In the buttons section under 'direct input', the digits change as the rotaries are turned.
I have connected two rotary encoders to the same contoller panel. On the left side of the screen, under 'details', it shows 32 buttons (that is the available number of buttons on the controller).
On the right of the screen, under 'direct input' it displays the number 8388640.
When I turn either of the encoders, that number changes, but too quickly to read the numbers. It then stops back at 8388640.
So, Xpadder is seeing the rotaries, but not in the 'controller settings' window where you can move the buttons around. It does however show one of the rotaries in one direction only, but not the other direction nor the other rotary in either direction.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Is it the Buttons graph that changes when you turn the rotaries? I don't know the "science" behind these things so perhaps others have suggestions.

bofman

Post by bofman »

No, there is no graph as such, just two seperate green marks where the graph should be. It's the numbers at the end of the graph line that change. I'll get a screen shot soon and post it.

Return to “Other questions”