Analog sticks movement won't work

sky.revo

Analog sticks movement won't work

Post by sky.revo »

Hello.

I just bought xpadder and I love it (play poker with it).

I'd like to use my mouse via the dual analog sticks (left one), but it doesn't let me. I put the stick-button on the right pace, make it move the mouse, but it doesn't react.
I can move the mouse via the direction buttons on the left and analog sticks work in general I guess, because when I press on it (L3) it reacts.

Someone help please?

sky.revo

Re: Analog sticks movement won't work

Post by sky.revo »

Okay, so basically, the movements of the sticks don't even work at my control panel.
Clicking it does tho.
I'm pretty sure I installed everything correctly (drivers)

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Click on the controllers tab at the top left of the main Xpadder window to open Xpadders controller properties window.
When you move the left stick the graphs for the X and Y axis' should move. This represents the raw data being sent from Windows. If this is not the case then you have a problem with your driver, are you using a PS3 controller?

sky.revo

Post by sky.revo »

Yes, I'm using a PS3 Controller. I downloaded the driver and installed it + executed the .exe everytime I use a game pad.

Nevertheless, the graphs don't move at all. I tried a lot to make it work, I can't find a solution tho.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Which drivers are you using? I haven't tried the MotionInJoy driver but some other drivers required you to manually associate axis' to the sticks by editing a text file.

gobblox30001

Post by gobblox30001 »

Im having a similar issue with the 2011.5.13 version. after the initial install the (ps3)controller ran fine and the analogs all read as they were supposed to. I played postal 2 or something for a while and then shut down my laptop. later I turned the computer back on and ran xpadder to connect the controller again. this time it recognized all but the analogs and triggers, and the d-pad was reacting to wear the left analog should be. I used to have a similar problem with an older version when I needed to run motioninjoy in its own execution, but cant recall the fix. I went into settings>controllers and saw the motioninjoy game controller was there still, so Im not sure why it went sour or how to get the analogs back online. anyone know a solution?

EDIT* it also wants the triggers to be buttons instead, almost like its recognizing the pad as an old ps one controller (no analogs and buttons instead of pressure sensitive triggers)

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Do you get any results in the controller properties? (third post of this topic above)

gobblox30001

Post by gobblox30001 »

yes it still showed everything correct except the D-pad was responding where the analog should have been and the triggers werent responding. I gave up on it after a while and downloaded the DS3 program separately again and had to run the controller as a PS2 controller(luckily I dont use the six-axis) thats working for now, but I havent shut down my laptop yet, which is where the problem seemed to occur last time

EDIT*: after restart Xpadder stopped recognizing inputs entirely.
but when I go into the controller properties I get full controller feedback, including proper analog and trigger responses
so Im am now totally confused and cant use my gamepad....

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I see in your screen shots that Xpadder has the details correct but nothing on the DirectX data, not even the labels. Something strange is happening. Run dxdiag and see if the controller shows up in the input tab under the DirectInput Devices.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I would say Xpadder has been crashed.
Any error messages in these cases? Can you close Xpadder normally?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Even if Xpadder cannot read the controller it should at least be showing some default content in the raw data image. If it's blank then something has gone wrong with Xpadder :(

If you press a button does it appear as green in the main window?

dalemissen

Post by dalemissen »

I am also having this issue. Did anyone find a resolution to this or did I blow my money on xpadder?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Dpad is working as left stick, no analog sticks and no R2 and L2?
Or this blank raw data, so that nothing works at all?

Return to “Cannot find controller”