360 controller in Win7

vurt

360 controller in Win7

Post by vurt »

Anyone gotten it to work? It just says "usb device not recognized" when i connect my wired 360 controller.. If i remember correctly it worked without problems like a year ago when i connected it.

I installed the 360 controller drivers i found on Microsoft's site too.

I'm on win7 x86. Any help would be great :)

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: 360 controller in Win7

Post by Mobeeuz »

Is this a wired controller, not wireless with play and charge cable? When you are in the Device Manager and you plug in the controller, does an "Unknown Device" item appear under "Other Devices"? Is the 360 controller listed under "Sound, video and game controllers"?

vurt

Post by vurt »

yeah like i wrote it's wired :) works perfect on the laptop, also win7, just needed to plug it in and it works, didnt even need to install drivers.

On the main computer it doesnt come up in the control panel, and its not recognized at all, it's win7 x86 on the main and x64 on the laptop. usually x64 is more troublesome, but in this case it seems to be the other way around.. no idea how to get it to work on the x86 machine :/ drivers doesnt seem to help at all. that green button on the pad (lights up when controller is on) is not even lit up (it does lit up for a bit when just connecting it).. all other usb devices works great though on the same computer.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

That sounds for me like the controller doesn't get enough power.
How do you connect it, directly to the mainboard or over an USB-Hub or front panel connection or anything like that? The wired xbox360 controller it quiet sensible with that.

vurt

Post by vurt »

i've tried all usb connecitions from the mainboard, they work great for everyhing else so i dont know. might need to reinstall the drivers for the usb or something.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I don't think that this will help if there are no driver problems found in the device manager. In every way I want to warn you, if you uninstall the driver for the USB-Controller you have also to reinstall the drivers of all USB devices.
It is fun if Windows asks you about 25 times if it can install this driver, I can tell you. :shifty:

Can you look in the BIOS for the value of the 5V rail?
Also is under these USB device you have running an external 2.5" Hard Drive without own PSU?

ahmadgkeshk

Post by ahmadgkeshk »

I have a similar problem, sort of, windows 7 recognizes my xbox 360 controller, i can set it up in xpadder, but I cannot getit to work in the AOC game. any ideas?

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

have you ran both as administrator?

Return to “Cannot find controller”