360 Wired Not Found

eplachta

360 Wired Not Found

Post by eplachta »

I have WIN 7 64bit. Windows sees my controller, the microsoft software is installed and the controller works with fallout 3, but I can not get XPADDER to see the controller so I can use it with other games. Any suggestions?

eplachta

Re: 360 Wired Not Found

Post by eplachta »

I tried to run it in compatability mode and also admin, no change. Also I have tried all different USB ports from the MB.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

have you followed these setup instructions http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... =705#p3136

eplachta

Post by eplachta »

FARSTRIDER wrote:have you followed these setup instructions http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... =705#p3136
I have, yes. I tried to install as admin, in comatability, and no change..

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you could create a controller layout, then Xpadder has detected a controller.

If Xpadder cannot find any controller, then the main window looks like that:

If a controller was detected but there no layout configured yet, like that:

And if you have the layout ready, like that:

How does your main window look?

eplachta

Post by eplachta »

It looks like the 1st one and the mag. glass moves around

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Then Xpadder really doesn't detect your controller.
You have already mentioned that Windows detects it, but you didn't say where you see that. Click on the tab with the magnifying glass to open the Window Controller Control Panel. Is the Xbox360pad in this list?

If not, open the device manager. There should be these three important entries for the Xbox360pad.
Note: I have translated the important entries.
There can be more than one entry with this name for the entries 1 and 2. You can identify entry 2 by opening it's properties, there should be this marked area "XBOX_360_DEVICE_00:00".
I guess that your problem is that entry 1 is missing. You can determine that by disconnecting the controller. If there is no such entry less after disconnecting it, then this is the case.
So delete entry three while the controller is connected and then disconnect and reconnect the controller. Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet while doing that.

The problem here seems to be that Windows 7 installs a incomplete driver for the Xbox360pad if it has no connection to the online database.

eplachta

Post by eplachta »

Amazing that fixed it :D
Thank you for taking the time helping me figure it out, i really really appreciate it :)

matthewhench

Post by matthewhench »

HI i just baought ur prgrame to use with mmo's and emulators but it also will not find my xbox 360 controller my computer recognizes the crontroller how you discribe in this exp. but when i do what you say in step three and reconnect xpadder still wont find my controller pleas help
ps i use a bluetooth mouse i dont know if that can be a preoblem and a dlink for internet that also use usb's

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

matthewhench wrote:HI i just baought ur prgrame
No, not my program. Read this. ;)
Everyone else is just voluntary here to support this great piece of software.
matthewhench wrote:my computer recognizes the crontroller how you discribe in this exp.
If your controller is listed in the Windows Game Controller Control Panel
and entry 1 in you Device Manager isn't missing, then this isn't your problem.

If entry 1 is missing (there is probably only one of the entries for you), then make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet when you reconnect your controller, and that entry 1 then exists.

matthewhench

Post by matthewhench »

it doesnt exsist in entry one even when i do ur exp. i unglug and delete replug all while connected to the internet look up driver updats everything that i know ihow to do (wich isnt much)lol but do you think having other thing like my wireless internet and blue tooth in the usb are messing with the software?
i mean i see the product thought it would be awsome to to use and if i can get it to work it would be awsome thats why i bought it. but it is getting pretty confusing for me to try and get it to work do you think there would be some help on a chat or something that some one can guid me for help??

matthewhench

Post by matthewhench »

Or could it be i have it pluged in throuth charge and play kit and expadder doesnt have software for this controller using wireless and charge and play?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You have a wireless controller and a play and charge kit. But do you also have a receiver for the Xbox360pad? The play and charge kit is only for loading the controller and not to connect to the PC.

wireless receiver

matthewhench

Post by matthewhench »

ok so there my mistake thank you i thought i could just directly connect it with the charge and play

caveat

Post by caveat »

Primal Fear wrote:
And if you have the layout ready, like that:

How does your main window look?
My window looks like this, but when i go to the sticks tab and tick the enabled box, it is not recognizing my controller. I am using the wired XBox 360 controller running Win7 on a brand new computer. I did disable some of the Windows services recently that I didn't think I needed, but I don't know if that would cause this. The controller does show up in my control panel, under printers and devices. Help!

caveat

Post by caveat »

Okay, more info...

I installed everything on my old laptop running XP and I have the same problem. The controller is working great in the Game Controller test tab, but when I try to get it to recognize the buttons in xpadder, nothing. I am ticking the "Enabled" box and the little grey box pops up that says "Push Stick 1 Left". Then I push the stick on the controller to the left, but nothing happens.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Did Xpadder detect any other controllers? Perhaps this isn't really your Xbox360pad, sometimes webcams or special input device can also detected.

Click on the tab of the controller to open it's properties, click on the copy (button in the lower left edge of the window) and paste your data here. It also displays the raw input data on the right side, try if something changes when you move the sticks or when you press any button.

caveat

Post by caveat »

You were right. It was picking up a process from the software left over from my old gamepad. I uninstalled it and it's working great now. Appreciate the help!

Return to “Cannot find controller”