iControlPad support ?

pasc

iControlPad support ?

Post by pasc »

Well, after getting no answer on my other thread: http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=3170 it seems as I have to ask here again:

How can I get Xpadder to work with the iControlpad (http://www.icontrolpad.com/) without having a flawed d-pad ?

I love the iCPs dpad, but can't use it, because anytime I use it with this I get a the problem that it will trigger actions other than arrow key presses at the same time as the arrow keys...

For example if I make a profile that has 3 elements: the enter key, the ESC key and 4 arrow keys, pressing the dpad on the iControlpad will for instance also trigger the ENTER key beside the right key.

So: iControlpad = PC
-> = -> + ENTER

I really hope to get this resolved, as I bought Xpadder just for using it with my iControlpad and PC Games.

BTW: if you want to get in touch with the iCPad's Creator:
http://twitter.com/#!/Craigix

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: iControlPad support ?

Post by Primal Fear »

Actually this pad shouldn't be able to work at all with Xpadder, as this pad officially isn't compatible with any Windows OS while Xpadder supports only Windows Operating Systems.
The problem lies probably in the driver for the gamepad, from where did you get it?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The web site does say that there is a mode for a standard HID controller. We should rule out that the controller is not defective. Open the controllers properties in the Windows Game Controller control panel and check the dpad and buttons.

If everything is fine there you can also check Xpadders Controller properties by clicking the controllers tab in the main Xpadder window.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

...under these circumstances (I cannot find something with "standard HID controller", but I have found out that the controller is Windows compatible), I would suggest exactly the same. :oops:

pasc

Post by pasc »

Wow ! Awesome ! Thanks for the answers :)

Like I said: everything is fine with the iControlpad except for the double button action stuff.

Did you contact Craig (the creator of the iControlpad ) yet ? He should be able to help.

SGTCableDog:
Does this help: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14586156/stuff/ ... erties.JPG ?

Isn't it interesting that it counts the iCPs D-pad as 4 buttons instead of a Dpad ? Could that be the problem ?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

It shouldn't be a problem if the Dpad is only 4 buttons, I have tested this with a virtual controller of PPjoy (it doesn't matter matter if you shouldn't know what I mean :lol:) and it worked without problems.

Two things I would like to verify:
1.If you have the Xpadder main window open and press something on the Dpad (don't hesitate to try all 8 directions), do other buttons also get green?

2.I you have a empty profile (profile menu->New...) and you press buttons on the controller, will still any keyboard input be triggered? Use the keyboard test in the Xpadder Settings to test this.

pasc

Post by pasc »

Two things I would like to verify:
1.If you have the Xpadder main window open and press something on the Dpad (don't hesitate to try all 8 directions), do other buttons also get green?
No
2.I you have a empty profile (profile menu->New...) and you press buttons on the controller, will still any keyboard input be triggered? Use the keyboard test in the Xpadder Settings to test this.
I had the instance that when I made a new profile I had input from the last profile was triggered, but I think that was a one time case.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have found your problem. It's neither Xpadder nor your controller, it's the game you have mentioned in your other post. It has native controller support, so when you press something on the gamepad, it will trigger directly one action and via Xpadder another one.

You can configure your controller in this game under "Options->Joystick Options". Simply select a function with the left stick and then press the button you want to use for it, the left stick is automatically for movement. I had one problem with that, every time I have pressed the button of the first entry, I was kicked out of the joystick options. So assign it first, then reopen the joystick options and assign everything else.
The only controller parts that cannot be used are the Dpad (but not for your controller, as the work as buttons), analogue triggers (doesn't have your controller) and the right stick. For these would Xpadder be useful. And maybe for menu navigation, but for that you have to take care that it doesn't get in conflict with the game controls.

pasc

Post by pasc »

Ok, that makes sense, however if I do the same with RPGMaker games (made with RPGMaker XP) the same also happens... might they also have the same problem ?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, its exactly the same (I have tested it with two games). But here it isn't possible to configure the controller in any way. You can only try possibility one or two from here to get rid of the native controller support.

pasc

Post by pasc »

However the bluetooth controller I have can't be turned off until I don't switch off Bluetooth on my Laptop.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Coincidentally somebody has posted here another way to disable the native controller support of games that work with direct input. In principle like in possibility 3 in my link, only for direct input instead for Xinput.
I'm not so sure if it will work just with these games, but it's worth a try.

Alternatively you would need a second controller or to use a tool called PPjoy to install a virtual controller.

Return to “Cannot find controller”