Controls not working!!!

tadepalli

Controls not working!!!

Post by tadepalli »

i have been trying to map the controls from last 3 days, i couldn't do it so far. I am able to map the controls, but they are not working.

I have a Xbox 360 game pad and i have Windows 7/8 64bit OS. when i open control panel under controllers and go to
- properties
- test (axes, buttons, point of view hat) - all are working when i press the buttons/stick on the game pad. i can see cursor moving but nothing is happening on xpadder window. there is no response to any key/button/stick.
if i try to check for any updates for game pad it says my drivers are up to date and there is no update available. When i saw your website i see that xpadder should work with Windows 8, however i can't even see the controller.
Could you pls help me? Am i doing anything wrong or missing any basic steps. I could create the profile and assign keys but they are not responding.
your help is greatly appreciated.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Controls not working!!!

Post by Primal Fear »

Usually users with this problem have two or more controllers and simply didn't select the correct one in Xpadder.

But if you have created your controller layout (and you need to have done that to create a profile), is the question "How did you do that without controller input?".
Did you simply copy&paste or download the layout from somewhere or did that step work just normally?
If you could create the controller layout just normally, do the button and stick directions get green when you press them while the controller settings window is open?

tadepalli

Post by tadepalli »

Primal Fear wrote:Usually users with this problem have two or more controllers and simply didn't select the correct one in Xpadder.

But if you have created your controller layout (and you need to have done that to create a profile), is the question "How did you do that without controller input?".
Did you simply copy&paste or download the layout from somewhere or did that step work just normally?
If you could create the controller layout just normally, do the button and stick directions get green when you press them while the controller settings window is open?
Hi, Thanks for the response. I am having problem with just one controller and i created the layout for sticks, Dpad and triggers but couldn't create with buttons, as it was disabled or not highlighted. I didn't download or copy pasted the layout. Then i created a profile to map the keys normally but nothing works. No, when i press the stick the stick directions doesn't turn green whatsoever, there is no response at all. When i saw the properties for controllers this is how it is shown. Pls let me know if this helps to identify the problem? I see compatible with xbox 360 shows as no, but i don't know how to make changes also, pls help.

Code: Select all

Controller Properties

Details
================
Name
 "Xpadder Virtual Controller"
ID
 ABCD:0123
Axes
 2 (X,Y)
Buttons
DPads
Rumble (Force Feedback)
 Yes (X,Y)
Xbox 360 Compatible
 No
Xbox 360 Type
 -
Xbox 360 Power
 -
DirectInput
================
Axis X
Axis Y
Axis Z
Axis Rx
Axis Ry
Axis Rz
Slider 1
Slider 2
Button
 [0] 00:0, 01:0, 02:0, 03:0, 04:0, 05:0, 06:0, 07:0, 08:0, 09:0, 10:0, 11:0, 12:0, 13:0, 14:0, 15:0, 16:0, 17:0, 18:0, 19:0, 20:0, 21:0, 22:0, 23:0, 24:0, 25:0, 26:0, 27:0, 28:0, 29:0, 30:0, 31:0
POV
 0, 0, 0, 0

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

This isn't your Xbox360pad. This is a Virtual Controller of Xpadder (as the name says) that you must have created in the debug settings.
Remove it by clicking on the tool symbol in the upper right corner of the Xpadder main window, then selecting "Debug - Virtual Controllers", selecting the virtual controller from the chart and clicking on "Disconnect" (third button) below. After that close Xpadder completely and restart it to get rid of the tab from the virtual controller.

If Xpadder finds after the restart any controller, it has to be your Xbox360pad.

tadepalli

Post by tadepalli »

Primal Fear wrote:This isn't your Xbox360pad. This is a Virtual Controller of Xpadder (as the name says) that you must have created in the debug settings.
Remove it by clicking on the tool symbol in the upper right corner of the Xpadder main window, then selecting "Debug - Virtual Controllers", selecting the virtual controller from the chart and clicking on "Disconnect" (third button) below. After that close Xpadder completely and restart it to get rid of the tab from the virtual controller.

If Xpadder finds after the restart any controller, it has to be your Xbox360pad.
Thanks for the quick response, now it's working! Thank you.

Return to “Cannot find controller”