Program sees controller but does not allow me to load profiles.

drjones79

Program sees controller but does not allow me to load profiles.

Post by drjones79 »

The program sees the controller but does not allow me to load anything it just sits at the screen with picture of the search Icon and the controller. In the control panel it sees both the controllers I have tried to connect, a madcatz Game pad and xbox 360 controller. Both are USB and seen by windows with newest drivers installed. No autoprofile is loaded because I cant get to see the controllers.

I have tried disconnecting the controllers then restarting the program then connecting the controllers.
This results in the same error that I got when I installed. "Exception in Core Loop occured. This error should never happen!
I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with completely clean installs.

When I start the program without the controller plugged in the magnifying glass moves in circles. Once it finds it I get the error again.

I have an Asus Notebook K53E Series Intel Core i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30Ghz, 4GB RAM, Windows 64bit.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Program sees controller but does not allow me to load profiles.

Post by Primal Fear »

drjones79 wrote:...Windows 64bit.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows7 or Windows8?

1.Does the magnifying glass and the controller icon disappear after you have connected a controller, or is it still visible when you have closed the error message?
2.This error message already shows that there is something wrong, but basically you need to create your Controller Layout before you can create or load profile (and please forget about this "AutoProfiles" until you read this). Can you do this after getting this error message or isn't that already working anymore?
3.Connect your Xbox360pad, open "Devices and Printer" (for example by pressing Windows key+R, typing control printers and pressing Enter), double click there your Xbox360pad (should have an obvious icon) and select in the opening Window the tab "Hardware". Do you see there under "Device Functions:" three different entries named "HID-compilant Game Controller", "USB Input Device" and "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows"?

drjones79

Post by drjones79 »

Windows 7 64bit

1.Does the magnifying glass and the controller icon disappear after you have connected a controller, or is it still visible when you have closed the error message?

No it does not disappear once a controller is connected, still visible after closed error message.

2.This error message already shows that there is something wrong, but basically you need to create your Controller Layout before you can create or load profile (and please forget about this "AutoProfiles" until you read this). Can you do this after getting this error message or isn't that already working anymore?

No there is no way to create a controller layout. The two areas below where the controller icon where you would create a layout and profile are not visible.

3.Connect your Xbox360pad, open "Devices and Printer" (for example by pressing Windows key+R, typing control printers and pressing Enter), double click there your Xbox360pad (should have an obvious icon) and select in the opening Window the tab "Hardware". Do you see there under "Device Functions:" three different entries named "HID-compilant Game Controller", "USB Input Device" and "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows"?

Yes this controller works fine for Might and Magic Clash of Heroes without having Xpadder. I was suggested this program by a friend to use with Guild Wars 2 and he has not encountered the same loading problems.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

drjones79 wrote: 3.Connect your Xbox360pad, open "Devices and Printer" (for example by pressing Windows key+R, typing control printers and pressing Enter), double click there your Xbox360pad (should have an obvious icon) and select in the opening Window the tab "Hardware". Do you see there under "Device Functions:" three different entries named "HID-compilant Game Controller", "USB Input Device" and "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows"?

Yes this controller works fine for Might and Magic Clash of Heroes without having Xpadder. I was suggested this program by a friend to use with Guild Wars 2 and he has not encountered the same loading problems.
That the controller works in this game, probably only means that "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" is working, but Xpadder mainly needs "HID-compilant Game Controller". So is every entry is and, I forgot to mention this, are there no exclamation marks?

Some other things to check:
1.Again with the Xbox360pad connected press Windows key+R, type dxdiag and press Enter. In the opening window select the tab "Input" and wait until it is done with all tests. Does it show any problems under "Notes"?

2.Disconnect every USB-device except of your mouse and start Xpadder. Does the problem also occur when you now connect the Xbox360pad?

drjones79

Post by drjones79 »

Sorry was on vacation.

That the controller works in this game, probably only means that "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" is working, but Xpadder mainly needs "HID-compilant Game Controller". So is every entry is and, I forgot to mention this, are there no exclamation marks? No exclamation marks

Some other things to check:
1.Again with the Xbox360pad connected press Windows key+R, type dxdiag and press Enter. In the opening window select the tab "Input" and wait until it is done with all tests. Does it show any problems under "Notes"? No problems found

2.Disconnect every USB-device except of your mouse and start Xpadder. Does the problem also occur when you now connect the Xbox360pad?
It did not occurr when I had the dxdiag box, unplugged the device then plugged it back it. Start right up and allowed me to choose the config and profile I wanted.

drjones79

Post by drjones79 »

It only worked that once, it has not worked since, no matter what I do.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You answered that it was working once after disconnecting all other USB devices.
What devices did you disconnect?
Can you reproduce that it is working with all other USB-devices disconnected?
Did you possibly use a different USB-port for the controller than usual?

drjones79

Post by drjones79 »

You answered that it was working once after disconnecting all other USB devices.

What devices did you disconnect?
Just the controller and the mouse

Can you reproduce that it is working with all other USB-devices disconnected?

Did you possibly use a different USB-port for the controller than usual?

No, same one.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Close Xpadder like explained here (if it is already running in background] disconnect your mouse and booth of your controllers and restart Xpadder using your touchpad. Now connect your original Xbox360pad, I suppose that should be working. Disconnect the original Xbox360pad and try the other controller. If both are working, disconnect the other controller too, connect the mouse and try one of the controllers again.

I suppose that the controller detection either stops working when connecting the MadCatz controller or the mouse. If I'm right and you can identify the device that is causing the problem, please post the manufacturer and the model name of the device.

drjones79

Post by drjones79 »

It fails on both the Mad Catz and the Xbox360 wired controller. Its not a matter of the controllers working, its that the program closes out immedately after detecting. it doesnt stay open.

Return to “Cannot find controller”