Bluetooth gamepad with Windows 8.1

authoreyes

Bluetooth gamepad with Windows 8.1

Post by authoreyes »

Hi -

I am trying to use an ipega 9023 gamepad with an HP Stream 7 tablet running Windows 8.1. My wireless xbox 360 works perfectly, but I really want to use this ipega as it holds the tablet nicely for old windows gaming. The device registers in windows as an ipega keyboard, and I can in settings see it function as a game controller if I go to the device manager. In xpadder it detects that the device is connected, but nothing works when I try to set it up or look at the xpadder settings screen. Not sure what drivers I should use for it. Help please :)

UPDATE: Figured it out - maybe this will help someone - The device seemed to register as a keyboard and a gamepad - xpadder showed ipega (1) and ipega (2). Switching to use the second worked perfectly!

authoreyes

Re: Bluetooth gamepad with Windows 8.1

Post by authoreyes »

Actually, update to this -

The Ipega I have works great, but I recently got a SteelSeries Free mobile gamepad, and I am having this issue. Everything works fine in Windows - I have the right stick mapped to a normal mouse. However, many games, such as Thief 3 and Unreal Tournament 2004 won't even start, giving an error about a "pure virtual method call". Others, like Oblivion start, but there are no mouse controls. All the buttons work fine. The ipega seems to register as a keyboard, but this registers as a gamepad, and it seems like the games are having an issue without a "real" mouse being pulled in? Any thoughts on what could be happening?

EDIT: I realize this is in the wrong place. Should be in trouble with buttons. Can someone move this please?

Return to “Cannot find controller”