Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Problem

pure-darkness

Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Problem

Post by pure-darkness »

I downloaded xpadder and used it many times, setting profiles with the controller and using it with many different games. However one day I booted up to find that when I turn my controller on it would still connect to the computer (pressing it's buttons still worked) but it's led light ring was flashing green and it was still set to the last profile I had it on. When I open xpadder it cannot find the remote, causing it to endlessly search. I read many posts and I found that my controller is no longer appearing in the Windows Game Controllers Control Panel. I reinstalled the driver for it from the microsoft website and restarted and still it would not detect the controller. I have also tried changing USB Ports to no avail.

Someone please help, due to the profile my controller is stuck on it is almost completely unusable. How can I at the very least revert the changes xpadder made to the remote so that I can use it as normal?

KTC

Re: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Problem

Post by KTC »

Have you tried resyncing the controller?
Press the sync button on the wireless receiver and the sync button on the controller at the same time (you may have to hold the buttons for a second or two).
The LED circle should start to rotate clockwise for some seconds and then settle on the first quadrant, first blinking and then solid light.

If the controller does not appear in Control Panel, I don't think Xpadder can do anything for you.

I found this video showing the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwN0fyHy0w#t=477

Let us know if it helped :idea:

src.zifnab

Re: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Problem

Post by src.zifnab »

KTC wrote:Have you tried resyncing the controller?
Press the sync button on the wireless receiver and the sync button on the controller at the same time (you may have to hold the buttons for a second or two).
The LED circle should start to rotate clockwise for some seconds and then settle on the first quadrant, first blinking and then solid light.

If the controller does not appear in Control Panel, I don't think Xpadder can do anything for you.

I found this video showing the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwN0fyHy0w#t=477

Let us know if it helped :idea:
I feel especially dumb. I tried so many things, I finally went so far as to uninstall and reinstall Xpadder. Then I finally came here to ask for help and, surprise surprise, it was pretty much the easiest thing in the world and the first thing I should have checked. Resyncing worked, still weird though, I have used this controller on this PC forever.

Thanks for a great product!

Return to “Cannot find controller”