Wii remote drivers?

PloXyZeRO

Wii remote drivers?

Post by PloXyZeRO »

I can't find any Wii remote drivers for Xpadder. I've heard of GlovePie, but I don't think that's driver..

Thanks for the help in advance :D

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Wii remote drivers?

Post by Jonathan »

Xpadder needs Windows to see the controller before it can see it.
Once you have installed a suitable driver and the Windows Game Controllers control panel can see your remote then Xpadder will be able to use it.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

some bt stacks arent compatible like widcomm but ms has added a wireless feature pack(KB942567) for vista sp1 users.
i have tried glove pie & wii remote .net lib myself but so far its not staying connecting & if you want to use xpadder i belive you have to have something like joy2key running or if your using ivt's BS stack they provide you a plugin for their stack that allows the remote to function

PloXyZeRO

Post by PloXyZeRO »

Jonathan wrote:Xpadder needs Windows to see the controller before it can see it.
Once you have installed a suitable driver and the Windows Game Controllers control panel can see your remote then Xpadder will be able to use it.

The windows game controller control panel can see my Wii remote when I connect it to my laptop. My laptop has bluetooth built in, so I connected my remote to that.

The windows game controller control panel CAN see my wii remote, but it doesn't receive input...

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Jello715 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Xpadder needs Windows to see the controller before it can see it.

The windows game controller control panel can see my Wii remote when I connect it to my laptop. My laptop has bluetooth built in, so I connected my remote to that.

The windows game controller control panel CAN see my wii remote, but it doesn't receive input...
I will rephrase myself: Once you have installed a suitable driver and the Windows Game Controllers control panel can see your remote and can test the inputs then Xpadder will able to use those inputs.
Xpadder uses the same functions that the WGCCP does so it can only use and perform what the control panel can access (the only exception being XInput which the control panel cannot do but Xpadder can).

PloXyZeRO

Post by PloXyZeRO »

Jonathan wrote:
Jello715 wrote:

I will rephrase myself: Once you have installed a suitable driver and the Windows Game Controllers control panel can see your remote and can test the inputs then Xpadder will able to use those inputs.
Xpadder uses the same functions that the WGCCP does so it can only use and perform what the control panel can access (the only exception being XInput which the control panel cannot do but Xpadder can).

Okay I understand now...thanks for the help!

Gunpriest

Post by Gunpriest »

I am having similar problems.

I am using Windows 7 RC 64bit and i have tried the bluetooth stack that windows automatically installs when i connect my sitecom bluetooth stick cn500v2 and i have tried BlueSoleil 6.4something. The Widcomm stack installer doesn't get past the validating process. The stacks connect with the wii remote, but when i go the the game controller panel, i can't calibrate or test. And the wii remote doesn't stop blinking.

What am i missing here? What qualifies as a suitable driver? If have read about a dozen of guides, but it's just not working. Do i have to wait for the retail version of Windows 7?

Gunpriest

Post by Gunpriest »

Ok, i got GlovePie working on my notebook with the built-in bluetooth. My HTPC is another issue though. Guess i have to check for a different bluetooth stick, the sitecom one i am using seems not to be working properly with the wii remote :(

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

sitecom uses toshiba's bt stack which most say is okay but if you want to use bluesoleil you have to remove toshia's stack which will revert to ms stack. widcomm is only for broadcom chipsets as far as i'm aware.

i remember people saying that you could use ppjoy to get it to work with xpadder. the apps that can see wii remote, classic controller, nunchuck, & balance board are: glove pie, BlueSoleil(not compatible with broadcom chipsets that ship with widcom stack) with Gamii plugin, & Pinnacle Game Profiler that have support

also a way for people with widcomm chipsets to use bs http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=393231

it would be nice if xpadder had wii remote/ps3 controller libs pre integrated like pinnacle

Return to “Cannot find controller”