Saitek P2600 Rumble Force Pad Joystick Button Not Recognized

mizuoni1229

Saitek P2600 Rumble Force Pad Joystick Button Not Recognized

Post by mizuoni1229 »

My P2600 controller comes with a directional pad and two analog sticks. Xpadder does not detect when I press down upon the analog sticks. (Strangely, when I open the Control Panel /Game Controllers menu in Windows XP, all of my available buttons are displayed except for the two analog buttons.)

Do I need to install drivers in order for everything to work, properly?

Thank you.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Saitek P2600 Rumble Force Pad Joystick Button Not Recognized

Post by Primal Fear »

Edit: Ignore this, didn't read the headline correctly. You have meant the analogue stick buttons.
except for the two analog buttons
Do you mean analogue sticks?

So if:
In the control panel should be one white square with a small black cross in it and 2 red bars. If there is nothing like this, you have definitely some problems with your gampad driver. So you have to reinstall it.
When you move left stick, the black cross should move that way. And when you move right stick, the red bars should move.

If this works so long, be sure that you have calibrated the controller correctly. If you don't move the sticks, the cross should be in middle and the bars should be on the high of about 50%.If not, you can calibrate the controller in the tab "configurations" or maybe "calibrate" (Saitek driver) in the same window, on the button "calibrate".

If the sticks are there and correctly calibrated, so I couldn't explain, why it shouldn't work.
Last edited by Primal Fear on 02 May 2010, 00:33, edited 2 times in total.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Saitek P2600 Rumble Force Pad Joystick Button Not Recognized

Post by SGTCableDog »

According to page 4 of the manual, this controller has ten buttons 1-4 on the right side, 5-8 as shoulder buttons, and 9 and 10 next to buttons 1-4. Sticks do not have buttons like the PS and Xbox 360 controllers.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”