xbox 360 buttons not working

hoarky

xbox 360 buttons not working

Post by hoarky »

Xbox 360 wireless controller connected to Windows 7 64-bit pc with xbox receiver. Controller is visible in joy.cpl and all buttons test successfully. Playing Oblivion. Problem is that controller buttons are not recognized in xpadder. Using a layout from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Controls; configured controls and saved to a profile. Sticks are working fine (left for movement, right for look/turn), but none of the button keyboard assignments work. Windows recognizes the buttons, but xpadder does not. When I tried to create a new layout, sticks were detected but buttons were not. Please help.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: xbox 360 buttons not working

Post by SGTCableDog »

I checked out that page and it doesn't have a profile but does have a controller layout file. This is what Xpadder uses to know which controller stick or button correspond to the inputs received from Windows. I don't have this game but it appears to have partial native controller support. Here is a profile with instructions from Primal Fear.

hoarky

Post by hoarky »

Thank you for the quick response. So now I'm using the controller layout from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Controls and the profile in the link you provided; I also followed the other instructions in that post. Now the controller does not work in-game at all.

The controller sticks worked when I had joystick enabled in the oblivion.ini file, but the buttons did not work unless I mapped them in the game. With the joystick disabled in oblivion.ini, per the instructions in the post, the controller does not work in the game. I'm new to this so must be missing something, but xpadder does not appear to recognize the controller at all. When I try to create a new layout in xpadder and press a button on the controller, it is not recognized. Any additional help much appreciated.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the controller menu (left side) and click on "Properties...".
In the Controller Properties you see technical data about your controller on the left side and raw input data on the right side.
Controller Properties: Show
What stands under "Name" and under "Xbox360 compatible", and does the raw input data react if you press a button or more a axis?

hoarky

Post by hoarky »

Thank you! I had selected 'xpadder virtual controller' before I got the controller to work on the pc and never went back to select the actual controller instead. Everything's working now. Thanks to everyone for the great, fast help.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”