PS3 sticks not correctly responding [sixaxis]

ehilpert

PS3 sticks not correctly responding [sixaxis]

Post by ehilpert »

Hello, I'll try to be as in-depth as I possibly can. I just bought xpadder hoping to play games with my Playstation 3 Sixaxis controller. Everything works great, except I can't use either analog stick. When I enable the left stick it prompts me to (what I assume is) calibrate the stick by moving it left, however it refuses to read the motion. Instead I tried manually setting it to the x and y axis. This ends up just associating it directly to the dpad (which when set up will control both the stick(s) and the dpad). I have tried setting it up with the guide up on this site already and have done a bit of searching for similar problems (it seems to be a common one with sixaxis). Is there any solutions out there? D:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: PS3 sticks not correctly responding [sixaxis]

Post by Primal Fear »

I suppose that you use Motioninjoy as driver. If so, you need to run it's DS3 Tool and to select either Playstation 2 or 3 as profile and to click on enable. You need to do that every time you connect the controller or restart the PC. Thats a pretty uncomfortable problem of Motioninjoy, but it's the only good driver available. And the only signed one.

rhhkp

Post by rhhkp »

I too am having the same problem with the sticks on my ps3 controller! This is ridiculous. Has anyone come up with a solution yet or a better tutorial that explains how to set all of this up?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

As I wrote in the post above yours, this is the fault of Motioninjoy. You need to select the correct profile in their DS3 Tool, every time you want to use the controller. If you have a problem with that you can complain on their forum, but they are aware of this problem and don't seem to be interested in changing something about it.

Turtorials in in form of text or video are available on the Motioninjoy website.

Joystickthumb13

Post by Joystickthumb13 »

yeah i hjust had the same problem
thnx that helped
so far :keen:

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”