How To Recognize Buttons... For the love of God!!!!!

demodicus

How To Recognize Buttons... For the love of God!!!!!

Post by demodicus »

This is, without question, the most frustrating program I have EVER used... I have a 360 official wired controller that, when I try to configure the "controller settings", will accept the sticks, d-pad, and triggers input but will not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, recognize the buttons. Allow me to be specific; When asked to "press a button so that a transparrent box appears", which I am then to supposedly drag over to the corresponding image of the button pressed, your program WILL NOT recognize said button or generate the transparent box. PLEASE help!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: How To Recognize Buttons... For the love of God!!!!!

Post by Primal Fear »

Let's start with the simpler possibilities:
loveminus0 wrote:When asked to "press a button so that a transparrent box appears",...
Xpadder actually never asks you to press the buttons, like for the sticks, triggers and the Dpad. You only select "Buttons" on the left and start pressing the buttons. There is only a manual for that in the lower area.

If Xpadder still doesn't detect this (check if "Buttons" is selected) then look if there is already a green square (a pressed button) somewhere. If a button is already pressed (maybe stuck or shorted somehow or because of a driver problem), then Xpadder cannot clearly distinguish all following buttons (higher button number) from it. So if A (the first button on the Xbox360pad) is held all the time, Xpadder cannot detect any other buttons.

drizzt82

Post by drizzt82 »

If you have any other gaming peripherals installed uninstall them I had this exact same problem with this my razer nostromo was conflicting with the software when I had both the 360 controller and the nostromo connected so uninstalled this and tried a new profile again! pressed the buttons on the 360 control and the transparent panel came up the only thing thats annoying me is it wont assign the top lmfb and rmfb shoulder buttons every time I press these it keeps pressing the x and y that i,ve assigned already

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Check the folder with the Xpadder.exe, if you can find a "xinput1_3.dll" and "x360ce.ini" then delete them or move them somewhere else.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”