Can't figure out how to use joystick plus twist on joystick

SirMarhalt

Can't figure out how to use joystick plus twist on joystick

Post by SirMarhalt »

Hi,

Playing Star Trek Online with a Logitech 3D extreme joystick.

I have the normal joystick movements mapped out just fine. But I wanted to add some additional movement when twisting the stick. Just a simple repeated A for a left twist and D for a right twist. Just to give a bit more movement in case the ship gets a bit ahead of the camera. Which seems to happen alot.

However when looking at the Joystick section of the Xpadder, I see where the joystick is mapped. But am completely in the dark about how to add the twist into it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marhalt

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can't figure out how to use joystick plus twist on joystick

Post by Primal Fear »

I use the second stick for the rudder control, that way you can set the DeadZone for both direction at the same time. To do that you only need to click on "Cancel" when Xpadder ask you to move the stick up.

michellet

Post by michellet »

Primal Fear wrote:I use the second stick for the rudder control, that way you can set the DeadZone for both direction at the same time. To do that you only need to click on "Cancel" when Xpadder ask you to move the stick up.
i know this is off topic butt i have a PDP afterglow xbox 360 controller and trying to use it for Xpadder so i can play combat arms.... and its not working when Xpadder askes me to move a stick or something it wont detect like im kinda new to Xpadder and stuff i just need help

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the Controller Menu (where you have clicked on "New") and click on "Properties...". What does Xpadder state on the left side under "Name" and do the green bars on the right, DirectInput as well as Xinput (if visible, and it should be) react when you move the sticks or press any buttons?

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”