Saitek X52, Pinkie Trigger and thumbstick mouse not recognised

ssayer

Saitek X52, Pinkie Trigger and thumbstick mouse not recognised

Post by ssayer »

Hi,

I'm really happy with Xpadder so far. The SST software that came with the Stick keeps crashing my PC an Xpadder lets me get most of it going and gives me far more potential utility than SST to boot.

I'm running Win 7 64 (not sure which edition)

There are a couple of issues though. The Thumbstick, scroll wheel and button (all located on the throttle quadrant) that the stick uses to emulate a mouse do not show up in xpadder. These work due to the driver (as a mouse) but in the SST software they could be reconfigured and that might be handy down the track.

More importantly the stick has a pinkie trigger at the base of the joystick. In SST this is used as a 'shift' button but can be configured to other functions. This is not recognised by Xpadder.

Yes these are all showing up on the control panel for the device and the thumbstick is calibrated correctly and the buttons light up. Also while the X52 is physically two separate bits connected by a cable it is recognised as one device (by both win 7 and xpadder). I do note that the control panel accessed through Xpadder is different to the one that is accessed through the devices and printers area of Win 7.

The differences in the two device property windows are. The one provided by the Saitek driver shows all axes (including white box with cross for mouse thumbstick ) and all buttons (including the mouse left click , mouse scroll/right click and the pinkie trigger). The pinkie trigger shows at button 6 in the Saitek driver window. The scroll has its own representation different to the other analog axes. The button function of the scroll is 32 and the left click is 30 (I think). In the properties window accessed through Xpadder the layout is different, there is no white box for the mouse. It shows heaps of buttons but not all will light up. I think when going through the buttons on the stick all of them were the same number as in the other window except 6 didn't light for any button pess for example (will have to confirm this tonight when I get home).

There is an another upside the throttle quad has three buttons under its MFD that maniplate the MFD normally. Xpadder recognises these which is cool. They were not configurable in SST.

So is this a driver issue blocking the pinkie trigger?
I have Saiteks magic mouse and keyboard drivers still installed. Are these preveting the thumbstick, scroll/button and left click button (maybe even the pinkie) from being seen in Xpadder?
Is there anything that can be done in Xpadder or by manipulating the driver to make these configurable in Xpadder?

Cheers

Stewart

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Saitek X52, Pinkie Trigger and thumbstick mouse not recognised

Post by FARSTRIDER »

from what i remember when i used to use one of their gamepads their sst app was connected to those mouse/keyboard drivers(which the x52's install manual confimed) so if your remove the app then it should work with xpadder

ssayer

Re: Saitek X52, Pinkie Trigger and thumbstick mouse not recognised

Post by ssayer »

Cheers

I'll try that,

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”