I'm new here. I have a generic game pad. Please help me.

gary

I'm new here. I have a generic game pad. Please help me.

Post by gary »

Hello.
I bought a generic gamepad for my kids. I thought it would be plug and play but after getting really frustrated I bought xpadder. I get the basic idea but I'm running into a few problems.

First, I don't know the brand or model of my gamepad, so i can't upload an image for it. I bought it on ebay and it had over 1,000 sold so I figured it would be pretty common and easy to set up. this is the one I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121100701093

I tried using the logitech image. I have a couple problems. the main thing is that the stick controls are linked to the button controls. When I am in the setup, if I move one of the sticks, the light for the stick AND the button light up at the same time. So I can't set them up independently. the left stick is linked to the 4 buttons on the left and the right stick is linked to the 4 buttons on the right.

if anyone can help me set this thing up I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
gary in vermont

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: I'm new here. I have a generic game pad. Please help me.

Post by Oke_Doke »

Hello gary in vermont, hows the weather over there? ;)

You've got some kind of PlayStation controller look-alike.

I have no experience with this device but, I do have a generic PlayStation adapter which might have similar properties.
gary wrote: I tried using the logitech image.
A PlayStation DuelShock controller image would closely match what you have but you don't need to use it or any image. It is just used as a visual cue to remind you which assignment is on which button.
gary wrote: I have a couple problems. the main thing is that the stick controls are linked to the button controls. When I am in the setup, if I move one of the sticks, the light for the stick AND the button light up at the same time. So I can't set them up independently. The left stick is linked to the 4 buttons on the left and the right stick is linked to the 4 buttons on the right.
I use a PlayStation 2 controllers and know that, with my adapter, the directional pad (4 left buttons) will be mapped to the left analog stick if the analog button is off. I guess this could also true for the right analog stick and the 4 right buttons (1-4). Hopefully this is just how the controller works in digital mode. I would try toggling the middle analog button on the controller and see if that makes a difference when configuring the analog sticks in Xpadder.

Let me know how it goes.

EDIT: On a hunch I checked my adapter's maker (Dilong) for other models they manufactured. Your controller looks exactly like the PU401 Judging by the mini driver disk in the images on ebay I suspect it is exactly that. So if your problem hasn't been solved we can dig deeper.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”