Not detecting guide button Xbox 360 controller for windows

dinksgirl2000

Not detecting guide button Xbox 360 controller for windows

Post by dinksgirl2000 »

I saw this question, in the forum below but there is no answer for this, I need to be able to program this button, help would be nice thanks!!!

mattg568

Re: Not detecting guide button Xbox 360 controller for windows

Post by mattg568 »

From what I recall, Microsoft's drivers for wired & wireless Xbox 360 controllers connected to a Windows PC reserved the guide button for other features and nothing else.

For example: The wireless version, with an Microsoft EXE download from them, pressing the guide button would make an icon pop up on your monitor telling you the battery status.

I'm not sure about this, but Steam, when it's opened and in view, pressing the guide button opens Steam's big picture mode.

Also in Steam while playing a game like Half-Life 2, pressing the guide button seems to do the same as pressing the back button which commands people following you to go wherever you point them to.

There was once several years ago a custom driver made by someone called Morii that made the guide button an actual usable button but the driver was discontinued for unknown reasons.

Short answer is that by itself, the Microsoft drivers reserve the guide button and disallow it as a programmable button.

But I'm curious as to how Valve found a way around it.

Naichoryss

Re: Not detecting guide button Xbox 360 controller for windows

Post by Naichoryss »

There is a program that allows you to bind it, you can find it at the link below.
This is what I use for push to talk.

http://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comme ... on/camujj7

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”