XBOX 360 X button why cant we config it? Pinnacle and others allow us?

ggiersdorf

XBOX 360 X button why cant we config it? Pinnacle and others allow us?

Post by ggiersdorf »

Unless im stupid and that highly possible, I cant figure out how to enable the big green circle on the 360 controller to function as a button like I can with other applications for controller setup. Does Xpadder not have this abilty or am I not doing something correctly??

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: XBOX 360 X button why cant we config it? Pinnacle and others allow us?

Post by Primal Fear »

The Guide button is not part of the Xinput standard and normally reserved for Windows Live. If you want to utilize it you basically need something like a hack, as there is no official way to read it's input. But of course it would be nice if Jonathan would find a way to have such a "hack" in Xpadder too.

Otherwise I don't know what you mean with "others", as far I know PGP is the only program that can do that.

ggiersdorf

Post by ggiersdorf »

Antimicro also supports it.. http://www.ryochan7.com/projects/antimicro/

Would love this to come to Xpadder it's basically a deal breaker for me..

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Another user has posted a link to a small tool that is just for binding keys to the guide button.
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... 006#p20477
Note that I didn't test it myself.

Of course it would be better directly in Xpadder with a GUI and the AutoProfile feature.

teroteki

Post by teroteki »

ggiersdorf wrote:Antimicro also supports it.. http://www.ryochan7.com/projects/antimicro/

Thanks for posting this! I've been using Xpadder for years and I've always wanted to utilise the Guide button.
I've been playing around with it today, porting my profiles into it and now I can bind it to screenshot, switches and even as a set selector! Guide button is no longer wasted.
I'll be honest, AntiMicro is pretty incredible. It's got almost all of Xpadders functionality. The only things it lacks is a decent/compact GUI for controller display and rumble options.

I don't like needing two programs running in order to get a fully functional pad.. if Xpadder added remapping/binding of the Guide button it would be such a welcome feature :)

robertgodinez86

Post by robertgodinez86 »

teroteki wrote:
ggiersdorf wrote:Antimicro also supports it.. http://www.ryochan7.com/projects/antimicro/

Thanks for posting this! I've been using Xpadder for years and I've always wanted to utilise the Guide button.
I've been playing around with it today, porting my profiles into it and now I can bind it to screenshot, switches and even as a set selector! Guide button is no longer wasted.
I'll be honest, AntiMicro is pretty incredible. It's got almost all of Xpadders functionality. The only things it lacks is a decent/compact GUI for controller display and rumble options.

I don't like needing two programs running in order to get a fully functional pad.. if Xpadder added remapping/binding of the Guide button it would be such a welcome feature :)

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS QUOTE I LOVE THIS MAPPER BUT I WISH IT DID THIS FUNCTION

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”