fpv drone simulator controller (emax :?: ) button(s) ?

awesomenessomar

fpv drone simulator controller (emax :?: ) button(s) ?

Post by awesomenessomar »

Imagehi, im trying to assign a button to a drone controller (EMAX E8 Transmitter 8 Channel FrSky D8 Compatible.. )
Drone Controller shows up in drone simulators no problem. sometimes have to invert one of the axes but that's it.
in Uncrashed FPV drone simulator i even have 1 button for 1 of the switches (it resets the drone, and if flipped twice, will fully reset at the begining)..
What I'm trying to do is add maybe 1 or 2 more buttons assigned to 1 or 2 of the switches (A for mode change, maybe V for view change& R for Reset for some simulators).
I've got 2 switches that have 2 positions. and 2 switches that have 3..
What I'm NOT trying to do is add the whole controller with all of it's weird axes and throttle stick and switches that i don't even know what they're for..
In ANY drone simulator it is important to be able to reset your drone, some drone simulators don't even have 1 button assigned to any part of the drone controller to be able to do so swiftly.
AGAIN, im just trying to add one or two buttons to the drone controller I'm using in drone simulator (UNCRASHED, LIFTOFF, etc..)

in Windows settings the controller shows buttons 11, 13, 20, and 22 as constantly being pressed . no matter what configuration the switches are in. i think this is causing an issue with xpadder when i try to make a controller layout (just blank with 2 buttons) .... also some of the switches are considered "rotation' some are considered "sliders" they show up like a trigger would on an xbox contoller. NOT sure if this info helps :?:

I realize how awesome xpadder is i just dont know how to use it very well ... but i know its better than steam controller layout for sure, as i dont think the EMAX controller even shows in steam. for right now my first attempt at adding a button to the controller resulted in the A button being held down in every window till I ended xpadder...

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: fpv drone simulator controller (emax :?: ) button(s) ?

Post by Jonathan »

Adding non-standard controllers in Xpadder can have issues and involves trial and error.
It is best to initially not assign any key or mouse actions to a button on screen.
The buttons in the main Xpadder will turn turn green when Xpadder sees them as down so try to create a controller profile that turns the buttons green correctly.
Some drivers have settings that allow you to alter how the button data is sent to Windows (and Xpadder)
If you click the controller's tab in the top-left of the main Xpadder window you will see a Control Panel button to view the driver settings.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”